• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 12:59 PM

I see several old posts by him in the Ariens forum and wanted to ask some "follow up" Q's to some of his posts, I added to one of them hoping he's lurking and just not checking in... (others can chime in if they know the answers LOL)  

but in that thread he mentions having a basket case ariens GT that I'm wondering if he still has/as I am still looking for a few things for mine

• rustyoldjunk said thank you

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,722 Thanks
  • 4,282 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 01:32 PM

Shows he hasn't been on since May 30 2014. Might try sending him a PM. It should show in his email.

• rustyoldjunk and dodge trucker have said thanks

#3 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 01:35 PM

Shows he hasn't been on since May 30 2014. Might try sending him a PM. It should show in his email.

yup I did that too

• rustyoldjunk said thank you

#4 Wm McNett OFFLINE  

Wm McNett

• Member No: 1428
  • 85 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 04:00 PM

I'm sill around, working 3rd shift, just got up ;)

• rustyoldjunk, MH81, superaben and 1 other said thanks

#5 Wm McNett OFFLINE  

Wm McNett

• 85 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 04:20 PM

I'm subscribed to the Ariens forum, anytime someone posts anything I get an email, If I think I can help I try 

Haven't been on here much, bought a 1994 Chevy K1500 6.5 turbo diesel, my 1st diesel and had to learn the hard way by spending lots O money that the rings were all worn out.

Somewhere in here I posted a link to the Ariens service manual. it has just about everything in it

Edited by Wm McNett, November 01, 2014 - 04:21 PM.

• rustyoldjunk and dodge trucker have said thanks

#6 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 07:07 PM

yah I have an "old fashioned" paper copy of that service manual; it makes mention of my model number in the Introduction section (931029) but throughout the text it makes a lot of mention of another GT 19 (931026)  but hardly ever says anything about the '29. IDK what the difference is if any, between the '26 and the '29/ if there is none then why the different model designation?

#7 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,558 Thanks
  • 3,937 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 07:17 PM

yah I have an "old fashioned" paper copy of that service manual; it makes mention of my model number in the Introduction section (931029) but throughout the text it makes a lot of mention of another GT 19 (931026)  but hardly ever says anything about the '29. IDK what the difference is if any, between the '26 and the '29/ if there is none then why the different model designation?

I think they updated a few features and gave it a new model number and kept the model name the same. I have the repair manual for the model number specific, It makes me wonder what they added or improved.

• dodge trucker said thank you

#8 Wm McNett OFFLINE  

Wm McNett

• 85 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 07:28 PM

Untitled1.png

Untitled3.png

#9 Wm McNett OFFLINE  

Wm McNett

• 85 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 07:51 PM

It should start without the seat switch jumpered.

jumpering out your set switch may cause your hour meter to run all the time and having you wonder why your battery is always dead.

I still have most of that tractor, + enough parts to build another one, I bought a hood off ebay from a guy here in Michigan about 100 miles away

Joes Outdoor Power on eBay

check all your connections

My loader tractor used to give me trouble sometimes, reach under the dash and touch the plug on the ignition switch fires right up

you may need to slide the hood back or the dash (that you replaced) forward to get your hood to close

The ignition switch, light switch, and pto switches are good for going bad. Especially if they are stored outside. Just replace all of them on my main tractor last summer.

And even though I have replaced the ignition switch I have no power to the coil while cranking. It's not until I let off the switch that it will fire. :\

Edited by Wm McNett, November 01, 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#10 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 09:03 PM

thanks... it did crank the 1st 3-4 times without anything jumpered then quit. this was before I put any  gas to it to see if it would fire, just cranking over on starter to get the air out of the hyd. system... it quit w/o a jumper, also before I ever added any gas.

on the hood; the "dog leg" part of the hinges rests on the side panels before it is closed, I was hoping to see an adjustment where the hinges mount to the grill but I guess there isn't any. no difference with old or new dash panel though it "looks" closer with out the 'bent" dash on there

will have to chck that \hour meter, I left the seat switch wiring jumpered for now; I know what the hour meter said earlier today, will see what it says tomorrow. key is off now.

#11 Wm McNett OFFLINE  

Wm McNett

• 85 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 09:35 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...s-/190804294989

$_12.JPG

Side panels are bolted to the grill. on the inside there's a spacer, grommet in the hinge, flat washer, lock nut.

The heat shield is in there somewhere

New Bitmap Image.png

#12 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 08:57 AM

yeah the heat shield (I think thats what Ariens calls it) is #5 in your blow up... I know that has nothing to do with the hood closing just gotta take it loose to get to the bottoms of the hinges... that "dog leg" part of the hinges hits the side panels before the hood is shut. I thought it might be slotted at the bottom where they bolt to the grille, at the moment, it seems they need to move "up" at that point for the hood to shut.