GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 07:03 AM

For the past few days I have been having a problem with Microsoft Outlook.  On one of my two email addresses when I click on Send/Receive I get an error message that pops up.  The other email address is working fine.  When I go to Charter dot net emails are there and I can forward them to my second email address and they come through fine.

This happened a while back and I disremember if I did something to correct the issue or if it just went away on it's own.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Attached Thumbnails

• error message.jpg

• cootertom said thank you

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,334 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 07:06 AM

I have a similarly odd problem with our email service and am trying to pinpoint it so I can force our email company to get proactive.

My first suggestion is to try both accounts on another computer and see if the problem is global or just in your rig.
  • GTTinkerer and cootertom have said thanks

#3 cootertom ONLINE  

cootertom
  • Member No: 59950
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 718 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 07:14 AM

I finally gave up on mine. It worked for 8 years and now I can not seem to receive or send with it. I just use the Yahoo email.

• GTTinkerer said thank you

#4 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 09:20 AM

When was the last time you checked for malware?  Sounds like something has that port locked.

#5 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 09:00 PM

I checked the computer in the shop and the Outlook on it is running fine.  Microsoft is probably no help since the Office 2010 I have in both of them may be just a little bit of a problem.  If you know what I mean.  I think a phone call to the computer guy downstate may be in order.  I am pretty sure he is the one who pointed me in the right direction last time this happened.

#6 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,441 Thanks
  • 953 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 03:18 PM

When was the last time you checked for malware?  Sounds like something has that port locked.

A shadetree tech guy had my '07 vintage Macbook Pro for the day. He found 4 malware. Upgraded to Maverick system.  There was also a message that  my hard drive was faulty.( it was fine) Did a whole bunch of other stuff I have no clue about but computer working lightning speed once again.   Previously I had to edit every time I posted here as a message of unknown origin kept getting added to my posts..that annoying bug is also gone

• HDWildBill said thank you

#7 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 03:47 PM

That is unusual to fine malware on a mac computer.  Glad you got everything fixed.