Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Getting The Lawnmaster Back To A Driving Tractor.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted October 31, 2014 - 10:00 PM

Well at least that's the plan. I pulled the original 6 hp Briggs off and put it on the bench to clean the points,coil ( I may change coils,the points wire broke off it and I have nice replacements.),the fuel system and the recoil up. The engine and carb is all free so I am hoping for a runner when I get it back together. I am going to try to get the front axle welded back together next week. Once back together I am hoping for a decent running driving old tractor. The steering was frozen up but came loose easily. I won't have the sheet metal but it will still be a cool little 50 year old tractor to pull the recoil on the original engine,get on and putt around. If everything else goes well I may or may not look for sheet metal. To tell you the truth I am really liking the very simple,very basic looks of the "naked" 50 year old tractor. It is so simple and everything is so easy to get to and work on. Just a fun little project. Here are the pulled apart pictures. Interestingly enough,after sinking into the ground for decades the deck spindles and still free and smooth. I do have the hood also but it is in bad shape on the bottom front. I just plan to put it back together at this point and hopefully use it to putt around on or pull a trailer,etc. It if works out well I may pull it back apart later and give it a good cleaning for a little paint.

Attached Thumbnails

• Moto Mower.jpg 2.jpg
  • Moto Mower.jpg 3.jpg
  • Moto Mower.jpg 4.jpg
  • Moto Mower.jpg 8.jpg
  • Moto Mower.jpg 16.jpg
  • Moto Mower.jpg 19.jpg
  • Moto Mower.jpg 12.jpg
  • Moto Mower.jpg 13.jpg
  • Moto Mower.jpg 14.jpg

Edited by rustyoldjunk, October 31, 2014 - 10:23 PM.

• Alc, GTTinkerer, superaben and 1 other said thanks

#2 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,455 Thanks
  • 6,623 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 06:26 AM

Should be a fun little tractor when your done :thumbs:  What happened to the front axle ? 

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,458 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 07:22 AM

Good luck with the resurrection!

#4 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 03:11 PM

I have a later model Moto-mower that works great as a little tug for pulling a wagon around the yard.