Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

How Do You Delete An Old Email Account?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted October 31, 2014 - 04:39 AM

I had the same email address for 12 years until someone hacked it three or so years ago I would guess.  After that happened I changed the password and tried to forget about the account after opening the email account that I now have.  I figured yahoo would just shut it down if it saw no activity.  Well it still sees plenty of activity and people from my old life of PK enthusiest keep digging up my address and emailing me with questions.  I don't check it often but I don't want to snub anybody either.  I have friends that, regardless of how many times I tell them I have a new address, they still use the old one.  In short, I do a lot of typing that apparently never gets read.  So how would I shut the old address down so that it no longer exists?  It is a yahoo address if that makes any difference.

• hamman and panzersarebest have said thanks

#2 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted October 31, 2014 - 06:56 AM

Good question.  I have a yahoo email address I no longer use that the last time I checked and deleted had over 3800 emails but at least the majority of them were junk mail.  The bummer is you can only delete 50 at a time.  Just checked and it is up to 400 again

• hamman and David Brown have said thanks

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 31, 2014 - 09:08 AM

I would think there has to be a way to delete the account. I am sure if you never sign in to it and let it go yahoo would end up closing the account from inactivity.

#4 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted October 31, 2014 - 09:41 AM

First off do you know that you can link your yahoo account with a gmail account?  So if you still want to get the emails you can.  But if you really want to delete the account you here or here is how to do it.

• David Brown, sodisr and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#5 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted October 31, 2014 - 12:05 PM

First off do you know that you can link your yahoo account with a gmail account?  So if you still want to get the emails you can.  But if you really want to delete the account you here or here is how to do it.

Hey, that's what I was looking for!  Thanks Bill.  I tried and it didn't work right off which is fine because I have some other things still tied to that address that I need to take care of before I can shut it down anyway.  I did, however, put a vacation response up to run until 2020 in case I don't get back to it for a while.  Now yahoo can take care of telling people what I've been telling them for more than three years!

Oh and, I'm a Google hater so I won't be doing anything with gmail.  I have my other yahoo account which is fine.  None of them really work the way I would want them to but, whatever.  You get what you pay for I guess.

Edited by David Brown, October 31, 2014 - 12:07 PM.

• HDWildBill said thank you