• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VillageGreenDeere OFFLINE  

VillageGreenDeere
  • Member No: 62247
  • 17 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 07:27 PM

I have a snow blower for my 318 which has never been on my machine.  I think it has ATF in it, because of the red color.  I need to purge it in order to use it on my machine with Hygrad in it.

How is this done?

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,694 Thanks
  • 8,888 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 07:48 PM

I would remove the cylinder from the blower and remove the hydraulic lines from the cylinder. Now the hoses are good. You can either try to pull the cylinder manually with the hoses off, or (insert gloves, glasses, long sleeve shirt, apron, and a condom use warning here) or hook one hose back up and run the cylinder out with the 318. That will be messy, to say the least.

For the manual attempt to run the cylinder, I think it would be easier if the cylinder was extended first, so you're trying to shove it in. That may require hooking it back up to the tractor after pulling it off the blower. Or lift hitch. Is it the lift hitch or did you get a hydraulic spout on your new to you blower?

#3 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 08:37 PM

Cat's suggestion is good but can still leave a little fluid in the cylinders. It may be better to flush the right fluid through it from the tractor. You would have to do some plumbing to catch the return fluid and have a way to switch from pressure to return. You would run the return into a bucket and your pressure would be from the tractor. You'de have to keep your tractor fluid full and it will pump quick. A quick connect will not release fluid when uncoupled so you would have to rig a way to have the return open.

• Cat385B said thank you