I didn't believe, but the tracks are working...
Jump to content
Posted October 28, 2014 - 02:26 PM
i Know its expensive but what about something like the struck mini dozer tracks
Posted October 28, 2014 - 03:10 PM
Posted October 28, 2014 - 03:21 PM
Personally I would like to keep them as a rubber style. I am trying to stay away from the steel tracks. I have thought of using steel ones with rubber pads on it though.
Sent from my CAT B15 smartphone.
If you have rock quarry anywhere close by they will usually give you the old conveyer belt material they replace,I have just gotten a nice 3x20x1"roll of the steel belted stuff.It makes great rubber trax.
Edited by Auburn, October 28, 2014 - 03:21 PM.
Posted October 28, 2014 - 03:31 PM
this is how I make mine(yea I am no artist as you can tell...LOL)
Edited by Auburn, October 28, 2014 - 03:32 PM.
Posted October 28, 2014 - 03:32 PM
Posted October 28, 2014 - 03:33 PM
pictures arent posting today for some reason..
Posted October 28, 2014 - 03:39 PM
Posted October 28, 2014 - 03:46 PM
I have made them with the thinner stuff as well,I just double it up on the cleats,it wears really well,even the nylon belted stuff last along time.
Edited by Auburn, October 28, 2014 - 03:46 PM.
Posted October 31, 2014 - 10:26 PM
Posted October 29, 2015 - 03:18 PM
Well, I have started working on this one. I have a few of the parts including a spare axle I picked up last week and the 140 that I was going to use for this build is slowly getting taken apart. I have decided to build it in two stages. First, I will get the Deere articulated and up and running on wheels and then I will build the track assemblies next winter. As for what it should look like after, it will be very close to a John Deere 7020/7520. I might be trying to incorporate the custom K321 I have asked about in another thread, but we will see how that goes when I get to the motor. Anyways, stay tuned for further information and to see the progress.
Posted November 02, 2015 - 12:42 PM
Well, missed out on some parts. I had a FeaBay bid going for a set of rear wheels for this build and missed out on it at the last minute due to being beat by snipers again. I am always getting out bid on stuff. It is a bit frustrating.
Posted December 13, 2015 - 12:02 AM
This project hasn't stalled and I haven't forgotten about it. I am just collecting parts for the TJD rebuild. On another forum, a gentlemen talked some sense into me to prevent lots of lost time and huge amounts of frustration by telling me to go with the TJD and not the custom motor. Makes sense. Start out with a great idea and stop because great idea doesn't pan out. Well, waiting on stuff to show up and then I can start on the motor. In the mean time, I am still fabbing up that snow blower bracket.
Posted January 18, 2016 - 09:42 AM
Posted January 26, 2016 - 08:27 PM