Transporting Logistics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jake00002 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 62789
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted October 27, 2014 - 02:53 PM

Will a DB plus around 4 implements fit in the back of a standard pickup bed?  Or do you need a trailer?

I'm not sure how heavy these things are, and if you should drive them into the bed on a ramp, or lift the tractor.

#2 shallowwatersailor OFFLINE  

• Member No: 812
  • 87 Thanks
  • 73 posts

Posted October 27, 2014 - 03:42 PM

Trailering is always a safer way to load. Never load under power! All of that will fit in a pickup bed but will be laid on top of some attachments. For walk behind tractors, I have a David Bradley, Simplicity tractors and Gravely tractors. The Gravely tractors I always trailer due to the weight as they had brush hogs or a dog eater on the front when I bought them. But I just brought home a Simplicity Model W and five attachments yesterday in my 6.5 ' truck bed. The W had wheel weights as well and weighs more than the David Bradley. I use 6"x6" timbers to block the load to not come through the back window. With the W, I had to keep it about 2' off the front due to the fuel tank stinking out front. Luckily I was able to load level as the PO had a berm to load from. Getting it off was a bit more tricky without a berm plus doing it alone.

Here are a few pictures of this months hauls for reference. I usually load facing front but for the Chor Trac I had my tonneau cover still on. Make sure you strap them in!

WP_20141008_0011.jpg WP_20141014_0031.jpg WP_20141026_0022.jpg WP_20141026_0031.jpg

Edited by shallowwatersailor, October 27, 2014 - 03:44 PM.

• Sawdust said thank you

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted October 27, 2014 - 08:22 PM

Jake, I've hauled David Bradleys tractor on a truck, Ford Ranger no less, but a trailer with a good drop gate sure is the easy way!

Ben W.