• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#16 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • Member No: 59269
  • 2,084 Thanks
  • 1,889 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 10:06 PM

the exhaust is rust out bad would it be cheaper to make a stack instead of buying another ?

#17 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • 2,084 Thanks
  • 1,889 posts

Posted October 27, 2014 - 03:19 PM

it will only run at half choke cleaning the carb this evening.https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Edited by bbuckler, October 27, 2014 - 03:20 PM.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#18 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted October 27, 2014 - 03:25 PM

it will only run at half choke cleaning the carb this evening.https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Glad to see you here Brandon, I think you will like all the good info you get here on your Cub. Did you order those Tru-Powers yet? Are you still thinking of doing a get together and a little plow day up on your farm?

#19 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • 2,084 Thanks
  • 1,889 posts

Posted October 27, 2014 - 03:34 PM

I haven't order them yet I going to wait until I get it painted. yes I still plan on having the get together. we was going to move back to kentucky but my mom changed her mind again.

Edited by bbuckler, October 27, 2014 - 06:03 PM.

#20 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • 2,084 Thanks
  • 1,889 posts

Posted October 27, 2014 - 06:04 PM

it leaking hydraulic fluid

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_1569.JPG

#21 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • 2,084 Thanks
  • 1,889 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 08:51 PM

Two Questions

1. I know this is a dumb question but how do you know when the hydraulic fluid is low?

2. I use my 129 to pull a mower that ran out of gas back to the barn If I put the throttle to high while pulling it cuts out is the normal ?

that my two question for tonight.

#22 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 08:58 PM

The oil level in the hy stat is judged by that plug on the back cover of the differential right above the hitch.  As for cutting out, no that is not normal.  It should increase engine speed without stumbling.  As far as that leak in the picture in your previous post above.  I would say that you have a bad gasket between the hystat pump and the differential housing.  I currently have my 107 apart replacing that very gasket and a few more as well while I am doing it.

• bbuckler said thank you

#23 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • 2,084 Thanks
  • 1,889 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 09:14 PM

The oil level in the hy stat is judged by that plug on the back cover of the differential right above the hitch.  As for cutting out, no that is not normal.  It should increase engine speed without stumbling.  As far as that leak in the picture in your previous post above.  I would say that you have a bad gasket between the hystat pump and the differential housing.  I currently have my 107 apart replacing that very gasket and a few more as well while I am doing it.

The coil wire is rusty and doesn't stay on good could that be the problem.

#24 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • 2,084 Thanks
  • 1,889 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 09:36 PM

I ordered the gasket for the rearend , new fan for the hydro , coil wire , air filter and I notice it was wet around one of the bolts on the head so I ordered a head gasket too.

#25 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 09:41 PM

I think you will be impressed with how much work your 129 can and will do. Mine has been only used for pushing snow and has not failed to move all I put in front of it!

Geno

#26 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • 2,084 Thanks
  • 1,889 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 04:33 PM

My uncle talk me into buying a rebuild kit for the motor. 

Edited by bbuckler, November 10, 2014 - 04:33 PM.

#27 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 07:34 PM

My uncle talk me into buying a rebuild kit for the motor. 

any compression test? does it smoke?  cutting out is either ignition or a carb that's dirty but may just need adjustment (which takes nothing but a screwdriver and your ears) you may well NOT need a rrebuild kit.

BUT if you do and you go into it blindly (as in buy it before the engine is apart and has been measured for taper and out of round, crankpin measured to be sure it don't need turned valve guides measured)  you will certainly be wasting your time and money. 

Also given the age it is "possible" that it has already been bored,  so if you buy standard sized parts they wont work too well in an oversized bore. so be sure what you need before you buy anything. I hate having to spend money twice on the same thing

• Bill56 and bbuckler have said thanks

#28 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • 2,084 Thanks
  • 1,889 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 10:08 PM

any compression test? does it smoke? cutting out is either ignition or a carb that's dirty but may just need adjustment (which takes nothing but a screwdriver and your ears) you may well NOT need a rrebuild kit.

BUT if you do and you go into it blindly (as in buy it before the engine is apart and has been measured for taper and out of round, crankpin measured to be sure it don't need turned valve guides measured) you will certainly be wasting your time and money.
Also given the age it is "possible" that it has already been bored, so if you buy standard sized parts they wont work too well in an oversized bore. so be sure what you need before you buy anything. I hate having to spend money twice on the same thing

He figure because the age. But other then a dirty carb and faulty coil wire it runs ok no smoke . I did buy a head gasket for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#29 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 11:30 PM

age dont mean anything.... did the PO drive it to work daily? Grocery store? Grandmas house for Easter? I doubt it...

On equipment like this or outboard motors too age alone means NOTHING...

If you can make it run decent with a tune up (including cleanout of carb if need be) and adjustment of carb plus that head gasket and it doesnt smoke or drink oil  while having good power  have fun with it a while before digging in....

and when you do  take it apart and measure (or have a machine shop do so) EVERYTHING before ordering any internal parts!

#30 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,669 posts

Posted November 11, 2014 - 07:18 AM

He figure because the age. But other then a dirty carb and faulty coil wire it runs ok no smoke . I did buy a head gasket for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get some Marvel Mystery Oil and put about an ounce in the oil and gas. This will help clean the systems after sitting for a while. Helps to clean carbon off valves and stems.