• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,397 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 06:53 PM

I got this tactor some time back. Had it running off a spare tank. Decided today to get it up on it's feet and see what it needed. This tractor is one of 2 I have that have been unmolested. First was new back shoes as the others wouldn't hold air. This is where the 24X12X12's I picked up will go. As you can see in the pics, the original wheels have a different center. Haven't seen any others like them.

Image001.jpg     Image002.jpg

Image003.jpg     Image004.jpg

Image005.jpg     Image006.jpg

I had to remove the seat pan and install a different fuel tank as I was unsure how good this one was. Got new fuel lines on it too. Put the battery in and primed the fuel system. She lives! Needs several small things done to it, but all gears are good and the engine seems sound!

Serial on the tractor is around 4300.

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, tinbender7 and 3 others have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 07:21 PM

The new tires look pretty boss on it!  The extra width looks good. That should give you some serious traction especially if you leave them under inflated to the point where you get some sidewall flex. 

• KennyP and tinbender7 have said thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,397 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 07:35 PM

The new tires look pretty boss on it!  The extra width looks good. That should give you some serious traction especially if you leave them under inflated to the point where you get some sidewall flex. 

Thanks, Brian! I am hoping I can gain some speed with it too, with the taller tires. It will need lots of TLC to be dependable. But it fired right up with a slosh of gas down the carb. The rear axle has been messed with as the shifter gasket has red RTV around it. Plus the main bolts to the frame were loose. The steering needs lots of lube for sure.

We need a good tractor around here for just pulling things around and I think this will be great for that. I will look into getting it painted and new decals. Kind of a working (once in a while) trailer queen. The wiring is in decent shape and I think it had an electric lift on the rear for the sleeve hitch at one time as there is an open hole in the dash for the switch.

You have to remember this is Big Bertha's little sister!

• tinbender7 and superaben have said thanks

#4 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 08:02 PM

Its amazing how something as simple as new shoes do a great number on an old tractor!

Ben W.

• KennyP and tinbender7 have said thanks

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,397 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 08:21 PM

I'm surprised the decals are in good shape on this tractor!

#6 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,797 Thanks
  • 2,197 posts

Posted October 27, 2014 - 03:29 AM

looks good with those big meats on the back! Tom

• KennyP said thank you

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,397 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted October 27, 2014 - 06:04 AM

I got to drive it around some last night. I put both Seafoam and MMO in the fuel tank to aid in cleaning the system. I will add a bit of MMO to the oil and run it a few hours, then change that out. I'll need to watch oil level to make sure the fuel pump isn't leaking into the crankcase.

When I went to get 'non-ethanol' gas for it, parked at the next pump was a real cool yellow car. Closer inspection of it was needed. First Lamborghini I have been that close to!!! Very sweet ride there!

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,397 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 04:27 PM

Got the GTV out this afternoon. I greased all I could of the steering. Had an issue with the throttle trying to let it run away. Found a missing small bushing in the linkage. Fixed that with a small piece of insulation off some #10 electric wiring. Drove it around some and all looks good for now. I hope to tear this down and repaint sometime. Then I can go through the steering better and what not. It's a good sounding little tractor right now.