2 replies to this topic

#1 jj69chev OFFLINE  

jj69chev

Tractorholic

• Member No: 626
  • 24 Thanks
  • 150 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 04:26 PM

So I recently picked up a 1992 JD 430. It came with a home built loader which included a bucket and snowblower. It has a 3 point, back blade and box blade, all made by the previous owner. Not a bad deal, the way some of the rear equipment attaches is questionable, and i am working on converting it to 3 point hook ups. I'm pretty excited as i have wanted a 430 forever.

My question is does anyone know the working pressure of the hydraulics on a 430? And is it possible to increase the pressure some how, weather replacing or modding the pump? The loader runs off the front hookups which is nice because i can leave it on the tractor even with the mowing deck on, but its slow and cant lift much weight. 

• motobreeder said thank you

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,559 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 04:41 PM

Hydro charge pump pressure runs 750-900 psi max, and just a tiny 1/8" pin drives the pump, so trying to push more pressure is asking for trouble.  There is NO way to increase volume of this pump either.  Best to add a separate hydraulic system just for the loader.  You could drive a hydraulic pump at the rear off the rear PTO if equipped, or off the back of the hydro where a rear pto would hook up.  Not a simple thing to do, but not impossible.

• jj69chev, Cvans and superaben have said thanks

#3 jj69chev OFFLINE  

jj69chev

Tractorholic

• Member No: 626
  • 24 Thanks
  • 150 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 02:51 PM

Well not the answer I was hoping for, but guess I need to look at adding a pump to the rear of they hydro
  • olcowhand said thank you