• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 eScore OFFLINE  

eScore
  • Member No: 62267
  • 16 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 11:43 AM

I recently inherited a 1965 Model 100 that is 100% original from my uncle who bought it new. I do have the original seat which I plan to put back on. I put a set of fenders and wheel weights on it. It needs front spindles, and pitman arm, as well as the throttle shaft that the butterfly screws too. The bracket that the cable connects to has come loose from the shaft and has a lot of play in it now. Any suggestions on where to get parts? I would like to find some original HI bolts for the fenders also. I plan to use the tractor a little for a while and probably restore the entire thing in a few years. Thanks for any suggestions.

I also have a Brinly plow and a cultivator for this that I am excited to try out.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20141007_155959101_HDR.jpg

• Jack, Sawdust, Gabriel and 1 other said thanks

#2 Jack ONLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 03:08 PM

Sweet little Cub you have there.  I think I would keep it original.  Thanks for sharing it with us.   :thumbs:

Jack..

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 03:34 PM

I happen to agree with Jack; I wouldn't worry about restoring it.  It looks too good as it is.  The original paint/original condition tractors are getting scarce, and (in my personal opinion) a little character from use really appeals to me.

Ben W.

#4 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,626 Thanks
  • 943 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 06:29 PM

I love the 100, some thing about the looks of them. That's in nice shape.

#5 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 06:46 PM

I love pretty tractors as much as the next guy.  I gotta agree with the other guys on this though, that thing is absolutely BEAUTIFUL for an original machine.  I would let it the way it is maybe just a little wax or polish.  They are only original once.  It's your's to do as you wish and if you do paint it (maybe for the fenders and weights to blend in?) it will look better than new I am sure.

Parts for them can still be purchased through servicing Cub Cadet dealers.  There are also many aftermarket dealers that sell parts for them.  Some of the vendors for parts are even here on the site.  Good luck with it they are an awesome machine.  

Here's a pic of my custom painted 100 loaded down ready to push snow a few years ago.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100.jpg

Edited by IHCubGuy, October 26, 2014 - 06:47 PM.

• Coventry Plumber said thank you

#6 eScore OFFLINE  

eScore
  • Member No: 62267
  • 16 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 06:49 PM

Wow you have a lot of weight on that thing. My original plan was to keep it all original, and I still might. The big reason I was thinking about re doing it was just because the fenders do not blend in would a new carb, and spindles. I have found places that have spindles but non that have the pitman arm. Thanks for the compliments every one.

• IHCubGuy and Coventry Plumber have said thanks

#7 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 08:51 PM

Wow you have a lot of weight on that thing. My original plan was to keep it all original, and I still might. The big reason I was thinking about re doing it was just because the fenders do not blend in would a new carb, and spindles. I have found places that have spindles but non that have the pitman arm. Thanks for the compliments every one.

300 lbs off the back and 52 on the wheels.  Even without chains it will push a lot.  Put the chains on and its near unstoppable.

#8 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted November 14, 2014 - 09:47 PM

Nice CC! Thanks for the picture!
  • IHCubGuy said thank you

#9 Hydro guy OFFLINE  

Hydro guy
  • Member No: 63243
  • 174 Thanks
  • 128 posts

Posted November 21, 2014 - 09:14 PM

I recently inherited a 1965 Model 100 that is 100% original from my uncle who bought it new. I do have the original seat which I plan to put back on. I put a set of fenders and wheel weights on it. It needs front spindles, and pitman arm, as well as the throttle shaft that the butterfly screws too. The bracket that the cable connects to has come loose from the shaft and has a lot of play in it now. Any suggestions on where to get parts? I would like to find some original HI bolts for the fenders also. I plan to use the tractor a little for a while and probably restore the entire thing in a few years. Thanks for any suggestions.

I also have a Brinly plow and a cultivator for this that I am excited to try out.

try Rich Patton from patton acres on the sponsor page...great guy to deal with...