First Power King

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 my69pony OFFLINE  

• Member No: 56943
  • 19 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 12:42 AM

Today, my Dad and I picked up a Power King that belonged to my Grandfather and Uncle (Moms side of the family). My Grandfather passed away years ago and my uncle was ready to part with the tractor and offered it to my Dad. It will be a project for later this winter or next spring. I've got a Farmall C and a Farmall Cub to do before I can get to the Power King. I faintly remember seeing the tractor when I was younger, but don't know much about it. I'll get some picture soon and hopefully more information. From what I have found so far, I believe it's a 2412, but my Uncle could not remember what the horsepower was. With the tractor we got a blade for the front and a disc. My Uncle has a few more pieces for it but was not sure which ones he still has. Just from the little bit I've read so far on the forum, it sounds like I have a great project for the future.  

• Gtractor, Alc, tinbender7 and 1 other said thanks

#2 Bill56 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 06:25 AM

Congratulations... an especially valuable tractor for you because of it's family history!
  • Alc and tinbender7 have said thanks

#3 Alc ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,283 Thanks
  • 6,488 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 07:00 AM

So nice to be able to keep it in your family . Ask your uncle if there are any old photos of the tractor you could scan . I wish we had some from my family with the tractor ,mowers ect

• Member No: 62466
  • 901 Thanks
  • 787 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 07:42 AM

Hi my69pony, congrats on getting your Granpa's PK its nice to keep it in the family, your going to like the PK when you get it going.