• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,009 Thanks
  • 835 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 06:17 PM

Hi all, well I started with the snowplow install, I had a 54" plow blade assy from a 4 wheeler that I got at an auction a few yrs ago so it was the ideal canididate. I studied the different options like modifing it to go on the loader arms, or fabricating a hitch assy to mount it to the mower hitch mount, but after sliding the compete blade under the tractor it looked simple enough to fabricate a set of mount to use the fast attach system that was on the blade so that's the way I went.  Fabricated a set of aft mounts that are attched to the loader lower mount rail, then went to work on the front lift pivot using the forward mower hitch bracket, will use a cable from the dwck lift arm to the lift pivot and then a short chain to the plow assy. Here's a few pics of the mounts and lift pivot and blade.

HPIM1690.JPG :HPIM1689.JPG HPIM1685.JPG HPIM1683.JPG HPIM1684.JPG HPIM1687.JPG HPIM1681.JPG

Edited by MNGB, October 25, 2014 - 06:18 PM.

• Alc, hamman, davidj927 and 1 other said thanks

#2 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 06:35 PM

Thats how ya do it!!!!Nice Job!!!

#3 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 06:37 PM

Find you a trim pump and cylinders off a boat and it will be hydro!!!thats what I use.

Edited by Auburn, October 25, 2014 - 06:38 PM.

#4 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 08:00 PM

Looks good but be careful.  The frame on that blade looks pretty light duty.  If you have never plowed snow with a PK, I can tell you that they are very strong for their size, especially when weighted down.  If you get heavy snows where you are, you may want to think about beefing that frame up a little.  If there is a week point on the design, the tractor will find it.  I do like the width.  Perfect for that tractor.  I always had the 4 foot blade when I had PKs but it just isn't wide enough.  Did a great job though.

#5 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,009 Thanks
  • 835 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 08:02 PM

Hi Auburn, the boat trim hyd system id a good idea but since the tractor has a loader on it there is hyd with a dual valve in place all I need to do is install a hyd cylinder with a eight inch stroke and it will be working, my intension is to remove the loader arms and bucket for snowplowing.

#6 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,009 Thanks
  • 835 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 08:06 PM

Hi David Brown, yes that thought has crossed my mind, but the plow is pretty well designed and built, here in MN they get a hard workout on 4 wheelers but I know what your saying and I'll be watching for the weak area to show it face. One thing that will help is its a trip blade that will take some of the strain off.

#7 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 10:08 PM

Should have looked at the blade design for the loader arms!  I made one once for mine out of a PK blade and just copied how it was made looking at pictures. That way you can have hydro turn also. Sold mine before I got to use it, but it did push gravel some, think it would have been neat to use for real.

#8 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,009 Thanks
  • 835 posts

Posted December 04, 2014 - 09:05 PM

Hi all, well I got the hydraulic angling installed and it works good, the angle cylinder I used is fairly small in diameter so the angling speed can be very quick but it works good.

http://www.surplusce...-9-1649-08.axdI got the cylinder from The Surplus Center cost was $99.68 with shipping.

Also fabricated a spill plate  for the LH end of the blade and that works good, had the PK out and plowed for about an hr this afternoon had a large area to work so used 4th gear.

HPIM1736.JPG HPIM1742.JPG HPIM1743.JPG HPIM1722.JPG HPIM1723.JPG HPIM1724.JPG

• Gtractor and Alc have said thanks