14 replies to this topic

#1 Rainier OFFLINE  

Rainier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 53758
  • 446 Thanks
  • 450 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 11:35 PM

There's a guy online trying to sell a brantly backhoe that is a basket case. And it is not all there. I have been talking to him online and he has a real attitude . BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Bill56, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 7 others have said thanks

#2 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,960 Thanks
  • 29,757 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 06:19 AM

Is it on Craigslist, EBay, or somewhere else?
  • Pete 22 said thank you

#3 Rainier OFFLINE  

Rainier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 446 Thanks
  • 450 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 11:29 AM

Ya CL
  • Pete 22 said thank you

#4 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,911 Thanks
  • 5,547 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 11:31 AM

Ya CL

Can we have more info so we know what ad to stay away from?

Edited by wilberj, October 25, 2014 - 11:31 AM.

• MH81 said thank you

#5 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 637 Thanks
  • 569 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 12:02 PM

There's a guy online trying to sell a brantly backhoe that is a basket case. And it is not all there. I have been talking to him online and he has a real attitude . BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this the one being offered for trade for an FEL to an HT-20 Bolens?

• Pete 22 said thank you

#6 Rainier OFFLINE  

Rainier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 446 Thanks
  • 450 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 09:12 PM

Ya that's the guy. He says the out riggers are not there, and it's all torn down. I asked for some fresh pics of how it looks now and ended up getting my butt chewed out. Makes a guy wonder?
  • Pete 22 said thank you

#7 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,911 Thanks
  • 5,547 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 11:25 PM

I am only asking for a link to the ad!  I dont care if I get chewed out. :D

• MyBolens1053 and Pete 22 have said thanks

#8 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 5,368 Thanks
  • 3,264 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 07:48 AM

I'm thinking this is it since it's the most recent ad.

http://syracuse.crai...4700140101.html

Rare Brantly Backhoe Attachment for Bolens & Others

I have a VERY RARE Brantly backhoe ld-6 model 605 I'd consider trading for a front end loader for my HT-20 Bolens tractor. From my understanding bolens offered a Johnson 14 or a brantly model 505 loader for my tractor, maybe others as well. I keep thinking I want both the hoe & the loader for my tractor but practicality keeps telling me that the hoe would more often than not just be a toy hanging off the back of my tractor with very little use. I've decided to place this ad for you Large frame bolens collectors/guys out there that I'm certain know these things are super hard to come by & bring rediculas money. This hoe was sold & used on MANY garden tractors which the only difference being different undercarriages on different tractors. I'd really rather do a trade for a loader that'll work on my machine rather than to sell it outrite but if that's the way it has to be shoot me a cash offer along with a phone number & i'll call you on it if it sounds reasonable to me. These hoes bring more money than the loaders do & the loaders are easier to come by so no stupid offers, they'll be ignored. I'm going to let this ad run for a month or so then it'll go on e-bay if nothing works out prior to then. I need to be ready for winter & that's about as close to winter as I want to get before I get something in place. BTW, this hoe doesn't have it's own pump or hydraulic reservoir as they were designed to be used in conjunction with a loader & "share" those things. If you wanted to use just the hoe you can but you'd have to mount a reservoir & pump for it. Interested parties wanting to trade should know that I want the complete loader including pump reservoir (if not in the framework of the loader unit), pump, & the bucket. Also must be in decent shape. NO projects, basket cases, rotted loader frames, or welded 100 times loaders considered. It doesn't need to be issue free either, mine isn't perfect I'm sure yours won't be either, after all it's almost 40 yrs. old. I'd prefer a direct fit loader made for my tractor but will consider others.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

• Rock farmer, MyBolens1053 and Pete 22 have said thanks

#9 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,989 Thanks
  • 6,157 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 07:13 PM

There is a guy on Cl that has a Bolens tractor, looks complete less the hood,  Has wheels weights.  Also the back half of another tractor with a hydro. Also a decent looking snow blower.  I just got off the phone with him and has a real attitude and knows nothing about what he has to sell.  No model number, don't know what transmission is in the complete unit, don't know if anything works or not.  I told him I was 300 miles away and wanted some information before I drive that far to look at it.  His reply was "Your wineing like a guy from Kansas, it is for parts and it is here. "   I apologized for bothering him and hung up on him. Last I heard him say was Yea, your bothering me.   He was asking $235 for all of it or trade for a Stihl saw.

Here is the link:       http://cedarrapids.c...4681595995.html

• Sawdust said thank you

#10 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • 637 Thanks
  • 569 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 11:33 PM

I'm thinking this is it since it's the most recent ad.

http://syracuse.crai...4700140101.html

Rare Brantly Backhoe Attachment for Bolens & Others

I have a VERY RARE Brantly backhoe ld-6 model 605 I'd consider trading for a front end loader for my HT-20 Bolens tractor. From my understanding bolens offered a Johnson 14 or a brantly model 505 loader for my tractor, maybe others as well. I keep thinking I want both the hoe & the loader for my tractor but practicality keeps telling me that the hoe would more often than not just be a toy hanging off the back of my tractor with very little use. I've decided to place this ad for you Large frame bolens collectors/guys out there that I'm certain know these things are super hard to come by & bring rediculas money. This hoe was sold & used on MANY garden tractors which the only difference being different undercarriages on different tractors. I'd really rather do a trade for a loader that'll work on my machine rather than to sell it outrite but if that's the way it has to be shoot me a cash offer along with a phone number & i'll call you on it if it sounds reasonable to me. These hoes bring more money than the loaders do & the loaders are easier to come by so no stupid offers, they'll be ignored. I'm going to let this ad run for a month or so then it'll go on e-bay if nothing works out prior to then. I need to be ready for winter & that's about as close to winter as I want to get before I get something in place. BTW, this hoe doesn't have it's own pump or hydraulic reservoir as they were designed to be used in conjunction with a loader & "share" those things. If you wanted to use just the hoe you can but you'd have to mount a reservoir & pump for it. Interested parties wanting to trade should know that I want the complete loader including pump reservoir (if not in the framework of the loader unit), pump, & the bucket. Also must be in decent shape. NO projects, basket cases, rotted loader frames, or welded 100 times loaders considered. It doesn't need to be issue free either, mine isn't perfect I'm sure yours won't be either, after all it's almost 40 yrs. old. I'd prefer a direct fit loader made for my tractor but will consider others.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

I believe you found the 'winner'.  :deadhorse:

• Sawdust and Pete 22 have said thanks

#11 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 5,368 Thanks
  • 3,264 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 11:45 PM

There is a guy on Cl that has a Bolens tractor, looks complete less the hood,  Has wheels weights.  Also the back half of another tractor with a hydro. Also a decent looking snow blower.  I just got off the phone with him and has a real attitude and knows nothing about what he has to sell.  No model number, don't know what transmission is in the complete unit, don't know if anything works or not.  I told him I was 300 miles away and wanted some information before I drive that far to look at it.  His reply was "Your wineing like a guy from Kansas, it is for parts and it is here. "   I apologized for bothering him and hung up on him. Last I heard him say was Yea, your bothering me.   He was asking $235 for all of it or trade for a Stihl saw.

People like this really irritate me on CL. It makes me want to form a tag team of about a dozen & call the guy every hour with stupid questions. We would all have different area codes so he would think we were all legit....at first.  :shoot2:

Edited by Sawdust, October 26, 2014 - 11:46 PM.

• MyBolens1053 and Pete 22 have said thanks

#12 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • 637 Thanks
  • 569 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 11:59 PM

Blowing up the pic, the best I could see is that it may be a 1253. Not sure. For a 600 mile round trip and if you use the IRS rate 56 cents per mile ($336.00 gas, wear and tear) plus the $235.00 you are looking at $571.00 for a pair of wheel weights and a few other parts that are known to be workable. All else is scrap until proven to work.

Just my 2 cents.

#13 Rainier OFFLINE  

Rainier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 446 Thanks
  • 450 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 09:19 PM

I like the tag team idea, but that's just me.

#14 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 02:32 PM

that sounds like fun

#15 Toolfoole ONLINE  

Toolfoole

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8230
  • 268 Thanks
  • 145 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 09:11 PM

Blowing up the pic, the best I could see is that it may be a 1253. Not sure. For a 600 mile round trip and if you use the IRS rate 56 cents per mile ($336.00 gas, wear and tear) plus the $235.00 you are looking at $571.00 for a pair of wheel weights and a few other parts that are known to be workable. All else is scrap until proven to work.

Just my 2 cents.

FWIW: It's not a 1253. I've got 2 of them and they have Tecumseh engines. There are also a number of other clues that lead me to believe that it is a 1972 (last year) 1254. The wheel weights are not Bolens either.

• MyBolens1053 said thank you