• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • Member No: 40822
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 07:07 PM

image.jpg image.jpg I recently got this bolens model a power ho this one has a very early Briggs PB engine with the motor wheel carb I got it running again a couple days ago. The engine is a Jan 1924 PB
  • Bolens 1000, DougT, Bruce Dorsi and 8 others have said thanks

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,288 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 08:21 PM

That's an interesting combination, I'm not sure I've ever seen it. I've seen the P on the later tractor w/cone clutches (mod D?) and figured that was the progression to the PB use. Did you get any history on it? Did they produce both models at the same tiime?

• Columbia236 and gunstuff1000 have said thanks

#3 Tbrooks OFFLINE  

Tbrooks
  • Member No: 61764
  • 405 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 08:29 PM

Great find, I love the early stuff.

#4 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 09:14 PM

That's an interesting combination, I'm not sure I've ever seen it. I've seen the P on the later tractor w/cone clutches (mod D?) and figured that was the progression to the PB use. Did you get any history on it? Did they produce both models at the same tiime?

They made the model A in 1924 so I'm sure this is the original motor at least it's likely it is they also started making the model D the same year an continued till 1927 so possible to have overlap I have never seen a actual true model D with a P engine I have seen photos of a early HB with a P engine I have some early catalogs that show those tractors the HB I got had a later model PB engine but I recently got another early PB but it has the tillitson carb I would like to find a motor wheel for that engine as I believe it would have had that originally It's rather confusing with bolens because the catalog I have shows model A an model HB nothing about a model D but the HB I got has the stamped steel wheels like a model D so it has to be a earlier one Looking at the model chart from the Bolens Story shows model HB made 1927-1939 of this was true then mine would have cast wheels like a DJ has I question the accuracy of that model chart I think the HB was being produced along side the model A era maybe not the first year but shortly after
  • DougT, Nato77 and Columbia236 have said thanks

#5 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 07:12 AM

Once again, Great find!

Are you pulling all these old relics out of Indiana or out of state. Indiana seems to be filled with this kind of stuff!

#6 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 07:28 AM

Illinois is where this was at You have to be willing to travel to get this stuff but that's the fun of it to me I love making tractor runs
  • Bolens 1000, DougT and Columbia236 have said thanks