• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dhopf1 OFFLINE  

dhopf1
  • Member No: 62672
  • 20 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 04:11 PM

egt150 003.JPG egt150 009.JPG The daughter and grandsons were down today. So the EGT150 gave some rides and some driving lessons.

Since it was out, I took some pictures. Check the blades out.

• DH1, tinbender7, CRFarnsworth and 2 others have said thanks

#2 Mr Electrak OFFLINE  

Mr Electrak

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1249
  • 121 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 04:33 PM

Good looking tractor  - really ugly blades !!

#3 Bill 76 ONLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,060 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 05:24 PM

Nice looking tractor,electric ones around here seem to be far and few at least in my searches. 

How long is the run time on one assuming the batterys are good?

Bill

#4 dhopf1 OFFLINE  

dhopf1
  • 20 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 06:07 PM

A new set of 6 volt golf cart batteries about 3 1/2 acres or 3 1/2 hours.  Another battery tray could be attached on the back for another 1 acre/hr.

Presently, She running on three old car batteries. At work, there are some deep cycle batteries that are used for temporary battery power. For tractor shows. the boss allows me to take 3 batteries to drive thru the parade.

Using an DC AMP clamp, the drive motor pulls about 20 amps when in gear. The mower deck not cutting grass draws another 21 amp.

Here's a video

https://www.youtube....h?v=ET29VkJhTbY

Edited by dhopf1, October 24, 2014 - 06:08 PM.

• Bill 76 said thank you

#5 Traill95 ONLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,576 Thanks
  • 919 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 06:36 PM

It looks a lot like my E14. They all seem to rust in the same places(at the bottom of the battery boxes). I currently run mine on three deep cycle batteries. It is getting a restoration this winter and hopefully 6 deep cell 6volt batteries if I can afford them.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01517.JPG

• Bill 76 said thank you

#6 Bill 76 ONLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,060 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 06:44 PM

Very cool, never knew they would run that long-----and in the video it seems to really take off when it's opened up.

Bill

#7 dhopf1 OFFLINE  

dhopf1
  • 20 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 06:54 PM

Parts are on the way from Harold at Clean Power Supply that will fix the safety features (brakes and a key) and a set of new blades!!.

I've been laid up with a hammer toe on my right foot. Can't really drive a vehicle because of the protective boot.

Do you think the goberment would buy some new batteries for EGT150 because of my medical disability?

#8 dhopf1 OFFLINE  

dhopf1
  • 20 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 07:32 PM

It looks a lot like my E14. They all seem to rust in the same places(at the bottom of the battery boxes). I currently run mine on three deep cycle batteries. It is getting a restoration this winter and hopefully 6 deep cell 6volt batteries if I can afford them.

I would like to try some metal patching since the rusty areas are flat and small. The side panels and box body are inexpensive (3 body shop hrs/$80 plus) but I would like to try welding the patches in. There's a 63 Impala thats in the garage needs a new floor and trunk welded in, so by doing this job, I"ll have some experience on the floor.

The wife wants the 63 inside. Can't see it and don't have to move snow around it. Also she has her garage on the back side. She lets me park the pickup I drive back there.