• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 fxdb96 OFFLINE  

fxdb96
  • Member No: 56857
  • 118 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted November 15, 2014 - 08:37 AM

Thanks Joe.  I bet i can fab something like that.  I will post pics when i get around to it!

• Rock farmer said thank you

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,660 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 09:47 AM

Nice job on the bracket. I took the liberty to rotate the pics for you.

#18 fxdb96 OFFLINE  

fxdb96
  • 118 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted November 20, 2014 - 06:11 AM

Sorry to hi-jack the thread.  Here are a few pics of how my chute angle control rod came out.  i think the geometry on my u-joint is wrong because it seems to bind sometimes.  Both the driven and the driver end of the u-joint are from the snowblower end of 2 different blowers i have.  not sure if the driver end should have longer "fingers" on the u-joint.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20141118_190619737.jpg
  • IMG_20141118_190646476.jpg
  • IMG_20141118_191353549.jpg
  • IMG_20141118_192255096.jpg

#19 Mygconv OFFLINE  

Mygconv
  • Member No: 51512
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted January 03, 2015 - 07:52 PM

Hello, I read with interest your snow blower project. I too am mounting a 42' Snow blower except mine is on a newer closed side LGT16. Its been quite a learning experience! I now have two almost complete snow blower setups, one for a closed side and one for an open side. I have my blower mounted on the tractor and just need to get my idler pulley and spring mounted to get it functional. I believe I have the bracket you are looking for and I need the one you have for my tractor if you would be interested in a trade. Also I have my open sided snow blower for sale or trade its mostly compete even with the correct idler setup for an open sided Ford tractor. Also does anyone have dimensions or pictures of an Idler pulley setup for an closed sided setup. One more thing, with the snow blower mounted it sets about 3 inches off the ground in the lowest hydraulic lift setting, even after adjusting the screw adjustment on the dash. Is there another adjustment I am missing?  Thank you , Kurt

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0173.JPG

#20 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted January 04, 2015 - 11:18 AM

This is the idler pulley and tension spring;
image.jpg
I goes on this stud;
image.jpg

I think 3" of lift is about it. It's really all you need.
You will need wheel weights, chains and a weight box though.

Joe

#21 Mygconv OFFLINE  

Mygconv
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted January 04, 2015 - 04:08 PM

Thanks Joe! That really helps, after looking at my extra parts I found the pulley I think. I will have to make an arbor for it but that shouldn't be a problem. I have the three inches of lift the problem is that I cant get the blower down to the ground.

Kurt

#22 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted January 04, 2015 - 06:17 PM

Someone else had that problem.
There is a thread on here I believe.
I think he had his lift links on upside down or backwards?

Joe
  • Mygconv said thank you

#23 fxdb96 OFFLINE  

fxdb96
  • 118 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted January 04, 2015 - 07:30 PM

There are 2 variations of the 2 upper brackets that connect blower to the pins on the front of the tube frame. The difference is that one set is shorter....
  • Rock farmer and Mygconv have said thanks

#24 fxdb96 OFFLINE  

fxdb96
  • 118 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted January 04, 2015 - 08:46 PM

Here is a pic of the 2 length brackets... this would cause the blower to sit too high even when the lift is lowered.

Attached Thumbnails

• brackett.jpg

• KennyP, Rock farmer and Mygconv have said thanks

#25 Mygconv OFFLINE  

Mygconv
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted January 06, 2015 - 08:55 PM

Ok upon further investigation, I do have the longer upper brackets installed although it looks like the levers that lock on the pins are upside down? Since I have both an early and late versions of the snow blowers is it possible the main lifting arm is the culprit? I did notice a couple of difference in them but never measured them. I sure appreciate all the help from everyone here and hope I can be of some help to other members since I have both early and late versions, I can see the differences. Also I have an extra frame mount for these accessories. I plan on getting out to garage again this weekend and gets some more pictures of this project. Thanks, Kurt

#26 fxdb96 OFFLINE  

fxdb96
  • 118 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 06:53 PM

Ok upon further investigation, I do have the longer upper brackets installed although it looks like the levers that lock on the pins are upside down? Since I have both an early and late versions of the snow blowers is it possible the main lifting arm is the culprit? I did notice a couple of difference in them but never measured them. I sure appreciate all the help from everyone here and hope I can be of some help to other members since I have both early and late versions, I can see the differences. Also I have an extra frame mount for these accessories. I plan on getting out to garage again this weekend and gets some more pictures of this project. Thanks, Kurt

I think the main lifting arm is the culprit... Or change the two upper arms.. The pins for the upper arms are different diameter - so you are better off using the other main lift arm... Do you have an extra kicking around? I need one!

Edited by fxdb96, January 07, 2015 - 06:54 PM.

• Mygconv said thank you

#27 Mygconv OFFLINE  

Mygconv
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 07:23 PM

I hope to get out to garage this weekend to do more work on the project and to do more measuring. I don't have an extra separate lifting arm but I do have a mostly complete snow blower ( see earlier pictures) for an open side LGT Ford garden tractor for sale after I finish getting the one on the tractor working.