26 replies to this topic

#1 Tdesmeule OFFLINE  

Tdesmeule
  • Member No: 58889
  • 3 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 03:38 PM

Hello everyone,

I am looking to see if I could get a few pics of how your hand crank chute control bracket is mounted on your tractor. I have a lgt 145 open sided that's a 73, and I managed to find and rebuild a 2 stage snow thrower for it. I ended up having two similar brackets that I believe are chute control brackets. My issue is neither are the typical ones that clamp on the fuel tank support piece. I believe they are both for the 77 and up model. I would like to try to make it as original as possible because I am intending to do a full restoration on the machine some day.

Thank you for your help!

I'm attaching pictures of the brackets I have as well as the blower..

Also in the future if anyone ever needs pictures or any measurements or anything related, information I will be more than happy to take pictures or what ever it may be. I have been looking for days on pictures on how this bracket should go on and haven't had any clear cut pictures of it. This is my first tractor so I am in the process of learning things myself but I can safely say I am a true addict now!!

Additionally I have a parts blower that I'd be willing to sell stuff off if people need it. I do have the spring mount bracket for the new model with the shorter arms available. It is missing the idler pulley bolt though. I also have the lift arm for under the belly as well as the mount that bolts to the frame for the lift arm

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• Rock farmer said thank you

#2 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 04:52 PM

The white one is the same as mine.
I'm sure it's origional to my closed side model.
image.jpg

Yours seems to be bent?
And, it is a welded assembly.

I don't have an open side blower.
So, I can't say about your blue one.

Joe
  • Tdesmeule said thank you

#3 FixItCharlie OFFLINE  

FixItCharlie
  • Member No: 47950
  • 355 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 08:57 PM

I do not have the snow blower on the tractor yet. When I picked it up it did snow blower on it. The EBay show this that might help.

Ebay 1.jpg

Ebay 14.jpg

Ebay 15.jpg

Charlie

Edited by FixItCharlie, October 24, 2014 - 08:59 PM.

#4 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,707 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 11:00 PM

Nice job on the blower, looks new. :thumbs:

#5 Tdesmeule OFFLINE  

Tdesmeule
  • 3 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 09:47 AM

Thank you for the replys, I'm thinking im going to try to make that bracket fixitcharlie has to keep with the original appearance. Thank you rock farmer for pointing out how them white bracket of mine is bent. If I don't have success with the fabrication I'll probably try to straighten out the on I have and bolt that on.

The blower took a lot of work to get squared away, I can assure you it looks good at a distance but up close it could have been better. Believe it or not the whole bottom edge of the auger housing was rotted through as well as where the skids bolt on the sides. I managed to weld in some new 16 gauge sheet metal and bend it to match the original contour. I wish I could have spent more time on it but I needed to get it painted before it got too cold.

Also fyi don't ever buy the ford blue or any magic paint at tractor supply. It is my biggest regret, as I can practically scratch it off with my finger nail. I followed all their instructions 100 percent, used their primer, reducer, harder. Did all the proper prep methods, allowed plenty of dry time in between coats, kept it above the 50 degree minumim. And it sucks. When I move on to the tractor resto I will be buying automotive paint, and clearcoat!

#6 ChopRod OFFLINE  

ChopRod
  • Member No: 50072
  • 52 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted October 26, 2014 - 09:48 PM

Ditto on the TSC paint. Look for any Valspar product- I've always had good look with them. TSC used to have Valspar but Valspar does not sell in California and TSC needed paint available in all 50 states. Unfortunately.

#7 FixItCharlie OFFLINE  

FixItCharlie
  • 355 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 09:10 PM

I finally got camera out to take some pictures of the bracket. It clamps to the gas tank support.

Snow Blower Bracket.jpg      Snow Blower Bracket 2.jpg

Charlie

• ChopRod and Tdesmeule have said thanks

#8 Tdesmeule OFFLINE  

Tdesmeule
  • 3 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 10:46 PM

Thank you for the pics! I appriciate them a lot! I have actually been way to busy lately to get a chance to get my to my bracket yet, but it's on my list. I almost can't wait for winter just because things will start to slow down! Lol

If it's possible could you post maybe a few measurements of the overall length of it? I'm sure I'll have to make it because I highly doubt anyone has an extra laying around. I can't wait to see this thing in action!! Bring on the snow... Hopefully I can build get time to build a weight box before then!

#9 FixItCharlie OFFLINE  

FixItCharlie
  • 355 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 09:15 PM

The mounting part is set up to clamp on the fuel tank support bracket. It extends out about 12 inches & raises about 4 inches. The control rod mounting has been modified because the original grommet is worn & I am looking at improving this modification just not sure how at this time. 

Charlie

#10 Tdesmeule OFFLINE  

Tdesmeule
  • 3 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted November 13, 2014 - 05:54 PM

Thank you again Charlie! I'm finally getting back to the board here, hopefully I can fab up something tonight

#11 Tdesmeule OFFLINE  

Tdesmeule
  • 3 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted November 13, 2014 - 09:18 PM

In progress... I might have impressed myself on this one. Not bad too bad considering I don't know how to weld, my tools of choice are a cordless drill and a handheld angle grinder and a lincoln buzzbox and I'm freezing my a** off!

Just gotta finish up the clamping part of it and clean it up a bit then I can paint it up! Thank you again for all the help! It might not be factory but it's pretty close to it ;)

image1.jpg     image2.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by KennyP, November 16, 2014 - 09:45 AM.
Rotate pics

• KennyP said thank you

#12 FixItCharlie OFFLINE  

FixItCharlie
  • 355 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted November 13, 2014 - 09:38 PM

That looks very good, I would say it is real close to factory. The factory one used a rubber grommet were the rod goes through. This is probably to reduce vibration & a rattling noise. The one thing with the grommet is they usually wear out fairly quickly. My thoughts on this for mine is using some type of plastic tubing in stead of a grommet. Not having a grommet may not be that big of a deal & you may not find any problems there. Great work.

Charlie   

#13 Tdesmeule OFFLINE  

Tdesmeule
  • 3 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted November 13, 2014 - 11:18 PM

Thank you! I'm gonna take a look at the local hardware store tomorrow and see if maybe I can find a plastic/nylon flange bushing or something I can use.. I hate the sound of metal on metal! I'm also going to look for one of those knobs with a threaded stud on it for the clamp part of the mount. I'm not sure what the origional clamp had I assume probably a wingnut, but I don't mind something more user friendly! Who knows maybe tomorrow I might get to play with the blower in some snow finally, they're saying possible snow!

#14 fxdb96 OFFLINE  

fxdb96
  • Member No: 56857
  • 118 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted November 14, 2014 - 08:22 PM

Hey guys, i am missing the u-joint part of this assembly.  I have the long rod that is simply a cylindrical shape - no fork shape on the end of it.  I also have the...... wait... i am just going to go take a picture. be right back.....

ok i am back.  I will attach the pic.  do i just need to weld up a "fork" shaped piece and find a pin to fit thru it and thru the existing hole on the blower piece?

Attached Thumbnails

• blower.jpg

#15 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted November 15, 2014 - 07:43 AM

This is what mine looks like;

image.jpg

Joe