7 replies to this topic

#1 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 03:14 PM

cab anybody tell me how or point me to the proper manual to remove the mower deck off my LGT 165 open side. I put it on last year and now can not figure how to get it off.you know you are getting old when this happens.time to remove it for the winter as that is when our tractor shows are and I ride it at the show

• dmm2571 said thank you

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,685 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 03:45 PM

Try this manual, just the opposite of installation.

• tinbender7 said thank you

#3 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,410 Thanks
  • 3,160 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 05:16 PM

WAY EASY!! Remove the pto belt, turn steering all the way left, lower deck all the way including cut height , then simply release the lock in the front on deck and lift it off the bar it will come off the rear at the same time. The simply slide it out the right side. Just make sure the lift frame springs up out of the way, if it doesn't then raise it fully with control lever . easy Peasy;!
  • KennyP and tinbender7 have said thanks

#4 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 05:30 PM

Thanks to both of you, what I was over looking was the latch on the front, I guess when I put it on it latched with out telling me and I was not smart enough to see it. I now have the manual for future use

Edited by tinbender7, October 24, 2014 - 05:31 PM.

#5 kkmac OFFLINE  

kkmac
  • Member No: 63199
  • 2 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 10:18 AM

Hi, I am rebuilding an LGT 165 closed sided machine. I am missing the two bars that mount on the sides of the position control and down to the 1/2-20 threaded rod. I need a rough sketch or dimentions of the 2 bracket mounted to the lift carriage.these brackets have slots. and there is a spring that attaches off the bracket on the 1/2 all thread but not sure where the other end of the spring hooks up too. this is for the lift implement and position control. Does anyone have these brackets, I can make them if not.

• KennyP said thank you

#6 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 10:25 AM

Hi, I am rebuilding an LGT 165 closed sided machine. I am missing the two bars that mount on the sides of the position control and down to the 1/2-20 threaded rod. I need a rough sketch or dimentions of the 2 bracket mounted to the lift carriage.these brackets have slots. and there is a spring that attaches off the bracket on the 1/2 all thread but not sure where the other end of the spring hooks up too. this is for the lift implement and position control. Does anyone have these brackets, I can make them if not.

mine is an open side and they are different

#7 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,410 Thanks
  • 3,160 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 10:55 AM

I have no idea what your looking for? Are these parts on the deck or the tractor? The lift frame only has one spring that lifts it up and it is on the left side of the lift frame and attaches to a hole in the side of the boxed section holding up the battery and fuel tank.
The deck height limit control just has the allthread with a slotted yoke piece on the end that attaches to the center cross bar.

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,685 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 12:03 PM

I happen to have the brackets/limit control for a closed side!. If I can remember, I'll get something for you tomorrow.