• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • Member No: 34556
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 12:53 PM

I have an opportunity to pick up a gt-2000 for 150 it has a snapped connecting rod and has sat outside I'm just not sure if they are a good machine or not. How hard is it to find a 2 stage blower and Kohler magnum parts.

#2 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8592
  • 2,515 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 02:45 PM

They are decent machines, IMO Kolher made better engines than the Magnum that's in it , parts are available through several sources online.
(little research online will help give you an idea on parts for the Kolher and price) at the asking price it would be hard to go wrong and....... Yep going say it "worth twice or better in parts". Snow casters for this tractor little harder to come by , check out the Erie PA Craigslist one listed that might be a fit. Good luck

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 05:49 PM

Parts for the Kohlers can be bought from me or any of the other parts suppliers.

The 2 stage is hard to find for this model, your going to have better luck finding a single stage.

I think the 2 stage model was 1825133

If you are up for a project i say go for it :thumbs:

#4 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 07:09 PM

I have an engine out of one of those with 400 hours on it and it runs good if your interested. 

To answer your question, They are a good machine comparable to the John Deere 318 in features. Power steering, cruise control, dual hydraulics, foot controlled hydro with hydraulic lift. I have converted two of them to diesel and that is why I have an engine here. It's a 20hp Kohler. 

Edited by Cvans, October 24, 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#5 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • Member No: 34556
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 07:21 PM

It's one of those things i don't need it and the only reason i'm interested in it is for snow blowing and i can't even find a blade or blower for it at all so that's a major turn off to me. But on the other hand it's kinda a screaming deal so i want it for that. Then the 3rd angle is a love large frames and i have my 1476 sitting idle i could easily put that money in it and get that running. So i am going to take the weekend to think it out as i work tomorrow and can't get to the GT-2000 till monday if it does not sell over the weekend or monday as the seller stated first with cash get's it.