5 replies to this topic

#1 Pager450n OFFLINE  

Pager450n
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53757
  • 385 Thanks
  • 369 posts

Posted October 23, 2014 - 11:43 PM

I'm currently in the process of hooking u a gravely sweeper to my Jd 400. I was looking as to how the attachments hook up. I'm guessing the "horn"? is the primary weight bearing point and the driveshaft can go through the bottom hole? Hope that makes sense?

M question is can you buy this front hook up point separately, or should I put out a wanted add?

Thanks for the help.

image.jpg

image.jpg

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 05:50 AM

It almost looks like it could be adapted to the standard JD front hitch. Not sure what Gravely did for a front connection.

#3 Pager450n OFFLINE  

Pager450n
  • Contributor
  • 385 Thanks
  • 369 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 08:24 AM

It almost looks like it could be adapted to the standard JD front hitch. Not sure what Gravely did for a front connection.

It could.  Im just thinking that if I set something up to were I could buy more gravely items as they show up, then I could mount them on the JD.

$_12.jpg

#4 js5020 ONLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 04:25 PM

The last Q/H style was a one piece design, there were several designs including the one shown above (2 piece).  Even if the "horn" isn't available anymore it would be easy for a shop to make you one.  Yes the Q/H attachments just slid on the horn and if the attachment was powered you needed to hook up the pto shaft.  Be cautious on pto speed, I believe the high speed pto range on a Gravely was around 1200 rpm, not 2000 rpm.

• Pager450n said thank you

#5 Pager450n OFFLINE  

Pager450n
  • Contributor
  • 385 Thanks
  • 369 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 09:01 PM

The last Q/H style was a one piece design, there were several designs including the one shown above (2 piece).  Even if the "horn" isn't available anymore it would be easy for a shop to make you one.  Yes the Q/H attachments just slid on the horn and if the attachment was powered you needed to hook up the pto shaft.  Be cautious on pto speed, I believe the high speed pto range on a Gravely was around 1200 rpm, not 2000 rpm.

Thanks, I plan to look at the RPM and find out what the front PTO is putting out.

Again, thanks!

#6 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,708 Thanks
  • 8,895 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 09:36 PM

If you're cleaning a surface or removing snow with a broom, you want a high bristle speed compared to a slow ground speed. If you dethatch with one, you want the opposite: high ground speed with the bristles as slow as possible.

I would not be afraid to try the broom out if you can figure out how to adapt to the Gravely driveshaft, they are the epitome of 'over built'.