• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#181 DaveBb OFFLINE  

DaveBb
  • Member No: 62819
  • 375 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted September 21, 2015 - 11:44 AM

Well last pull of the season was great and nothing broken. The turbo showed me I need some pro puller tires. I managed a 2nd place in open class a 3rd in 1250 and 4th in 1050. Already thinking about next season. I need tires and  more fuel!! and higher gearing. I am sending my cam down to Vogel to do there magic and might get a set of his custom pistons. I will send my pump out again to get more out of it. Was a great season learned a lot. Thanks for all the great advice.....

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#182 DaveBb OFFLINE  

DaveBb
  • 375 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted September 21, 2015 - 01:00 PM

A video of the 1050 hook. No traction with those tires and need higher gears..

• superspeedex said thank you

#183 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted September 21, 2015 - 10:29 PM

Very good run and glad you enjoyed your season. Welcome to the diesel pulling club you are now officially one of us since you got your first season down. Hope you keep a good note book of info! Are there any other clubs around you to pull? If there are I would venture out and explore. As far as gearing at the very end when it died quickly I would keep an eye on it. That turbo may fit but with your engine being a small cube motor cant turn it hard enough compared to the big blocks. You can spool it but a little more power from the motor and it will turn it. Did you happen to see any kind of boost pressure readings? And I cant remember but do you have a 3 speed or 4 speed in it? Yes I agree its definitely time for a good set of pro tires! You'll really notice that thing come alive :D

#184 DaveBb OFFLINE  

DaveBb
  • 375 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted September 22, 2015 - 08:46 AM

Mike I just received my boost gauge today so was running  blind on that pull. It died very quickly but I think it has to do more with the sled. Its small but it brakes hard the last 10 ft. Most of the guys came to a quick stop. Talking with the guy at Vogel and he said he would regrind the cam and then it would develop more sustained boost. Curious what turbo are you running? The one I ran is a TD025 with AR 20 used on diesels from 1100cc to 1800cc. I also have a Garrette GT15 with AR 35.  Not sure what would be the better choice.

Edited by Saxist, September 22, 2015 - 08:52 AM.

• Dieselcubmike and superspeedex have said thanks

#185 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted September 22, 2015 - 11:27 AM

Vogel does a wonderful job with cams. I know zach kerber has reground cams for the d1105 but I dont know of anyone personally running one. Im not real familiar with the TD'S you would just have to measure the difference of the compressor size. If you plan on using that 1105 you have both of those would work great. I know theres a guy that pulled in ohio that was only using the stock 1105t setup and he did fairly well with it. 

#186 DaveBb OFFLINE  

DaveBb
  • 375 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted September 25, 2015 - 06:54 AM

This will be my last post in this thread. I have decided to build a new puller and will start a new thread.  I will be going with a Kubota  D1105T and will build a new stretched frame. I am building at the  moment a metal brake so I can do all my sheet metal work.I will use the diff from this one the rims and steering box, seat and weights.  Looking forward to getting started in mid Nov.

• Dieselcubmike and superspeedex have said thanks

#187 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted September 25, 2015 - 12:23 PM

If you could post one more time a link to the new thread would be great i loved following this one