#1 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,287 Thanks
  • 2,325 posts

Posted October 23, 2014 - 06:13 PM

Cub Cadet 129 With Deck and Snow Plow Asking $700 O.B.O. or Possible Trade for something else with a Plow and Deck.Would rather Trade even up.

I picked this up to fix and sell or Trade.

Really have no interest in keeping it.I'm looking for a Gear drive Briggs and Stratton powered GT.Something like a Sears SS14 or SS15 or a Briggs Twin powered Craftsman GT5000 or possibly a Large frame Bolens with Plow and Deck.Something big enough to pull a 10" Moldboard plow and push snow with in the winter and Mow grass with in the summer.

42" Deck:

works but the left spindle bearings need replaced.They are not loose but they are starting to make noise.1 Gauge wheel mount is missing and the left skid is missing.Deck is in good condition other than that.

Snow Plow:

It's a narrow frame CC plow that was modded to fit a Wide frame.Works good and is in good overall condition.

Will get Pics of the deck and Plow in a day or 2.

Engine in the CC 129 has been completely rebuilt with just 5 hours of run time on it.New crank,Con Rod,Piston,Rings,Valves lapped and adjusted,full gasket kit,new Points,Coil,condenser,voltage regulator,NOS PTO clutch basket and fresh Reman Delco-Remy starter generator.Balance Gears have been removed.Almost $500 in parts in the engine.All parts are either NOS or New Kohler parts.

It still needs a bit of tweaking but it runs beautifully.It starts a bit hard because of that darn Walbro carb that's on it.Once it's starts it runs smooth and doesn't miss a beat.Don't know why but I can set the carb so it will Start easy but it will run Way to rich.

Lots of Pics of the Tractor Will Add pics of the Deck and Plow soon.

Also a Short video of it running.

I had a New Honda Accord sized #24F (1/2" taller and 2" longer than a standard garden tractor battery,fits in the cub with very little room to spare lol) Red Top Optima Battery in it but well I needed to put it in the Car.Went out this morning and the car wouldn't crank over.The Cub will start with the old battery that's in it but you have to charge it after it sits for a couple of days.  

100_1241.JPG 100_1242.JPG 100_1243.JPG

100_1244.JPG 100_1245.JPG 100_1246.JPG

100_1247.JPG 100_1249.JPG 100_1251.JPG

100_1252.JPG

Interested in a trade or want to make an Offer?? Send me a PM I'm all ears :rolling:

Thank You

Eric

Edited by EricFromPa, October 25, 2014 - 10:01 AM.

#2 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,287 Thanks
  • 2,325 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 08:39 PM

UPDATE:

Found out why it was a bit hard to start,The new Regulator had a slight defect.The points were staying open on the Cut-Out relay.A small rivet in the Point arm had not been completely crushed shut and the arm was moving all over the place.I took a small punch and crushed the Rivet shut and set the points.

I think it was drawing to much out of an allready weak battery.

It starts within 1 or 2 rotations now which is pretty good for it having a Walbro Carb on it.It still won't idle down as low as it would if it had a #26 or #30 carb on it

I just found a complete #26 Kohler carb down at the scrap yard today that I will try to clean up if I can get it apart.Might have to boil this carb it's pretty nasty looking on the outside but the inside is is really good condition.

:rolling:  :rolling:  I just got a "Refurbished" 420 CA/350 CCA Lawn Tractor Battery down at Battery Warehouse today for $15.95.He told me they use a Hot Epson Salt  Solution with some sort of special enzyme to break up the sulfates on the plates then flush it out and add fresh acid.He wouldn't tell me what for enzyme they use.But he said that 75% of the used batteries he gets can be brought back to life.

He gave a 2 year warranty on it.Not to bad for $16. 

Got the Deck and Plow at the House Will add Pics in the morning.

Edited by EricFromPa, October 25, 2014 - 10:31 PM.

• Sawdust said thank you

#3 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,287 Thanks
  • 2,325 posts

Posted October 29, 2014 - 03:38 PM

Plow and Deck Pics.

I took the sanding wheel to the Plow front.It was starting to Pit.Put a coat of primer on it and 2 cheap cans of paint just to keep it from rusting any further.

Deck is pretty solid.Cast front is cracked and the left skid is torn out.I found another Gauge wheel bracket and 2 wheels to put on it.It does mow grass Left spindle will need bearings soon they are getting noisy.

100_1253.JPG 100_1254.JPG

100_1256.JPG 100_1260.JPG

100_1257.JPG 100_1258.JPG 100_1259.JPG

Edited by EricFromPa, October 29, 2014 - 03:42 PM.

#4 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,287 Thanks
  • 2,325 posts

Posted October 29, 2014 - 03:48 PM

Asking $650 or Trade for a Gear Drive or Foot pedal controlled Hydro GT with a Plow and Deck.Tractor must run decent.

Would prefer a Briggs and Stratton Twin or Single cylinder or Bigger Wisconsin powered GT.

Sears GT5000 Sears SS14/15 or any Bolens Large frame with Plow and Deck. :rocker2:

Thanks Again.

Not sure what the Cub is worth $800 might of been a bit "cheeky" but New or NOS Kohler parts are not that cheap.

$75 NOS Kohler crank and $40 to have it turned down from 1 1/8" to 1" and new keyway cut.New genuine Kohler STD Rod and Piston and Rings $189 locally found.Gasket Kit with shims and head gasket $25.NOS PTO clutch basket $50.Rebuilt Starter Generator (brushes,both studs,bearings) $40.New points,Coil,Plug $60

These hand controlled Hydros drive me nuts.To much to fiddle with.Would rather just put it in a gear and go.

Edited by EricFromPa, October 29, 2014 - 04:21 PM.

#5 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,287 Thanks
  • 2,325 posts

Posted November 08, 2014 - 02:37 PM

UPDATE!!

Tractor is Sold and at it's new home.

Thank You!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sold