Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Vote For Featured Tractor November 2014

voting featured tractor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote now for Featured Tractor for November 2014! (68 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote now for Featured Tractor for November 2014!

1. Hogzilla - olcowhand (15 votes [22.06%])

Percentage of vote: 22.06%

2. Pennsylvania Panzer T75 - HANKG (18 votes [26.47%])

Percentage of vote: 26.47%

3. Allis Chalmers 920 Diesel - mtoney (15 votes [22.06%])

Percentage of vote: 22.06%

4. Massey Ferguson MF7 - propane1 (6 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

5. Jacobsen 1200 Super Chief - hamman (14 votes [20.59%])

Percentage of vote: 20.59%

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted October 01, 2014 - 07:33 PM

Voting for GTtalk Featured Tractor of the Month for November 2014 has now officially started. This month's theme is harvest month and also an open month.

The winner will be featured on the GTtalk Home Page for the entire month of November and in our Featured Tractor Section for infinity. 

We have 5 nominations this month. Let the Voting Begin!

• Hogzilla - olcowhand
  • Pennsylvania Panzer T75 - HANKG
  • Allis Chalmers 920 Diesel - mtoney
  • Massey Ferguson MF7 - propane1
  • Jacobsen 1200 Super Chief - hamman

Before voting please be sure to check out all the entries in the posts below.

• BTS said thank you

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,240 Thanks
  • 29,695 posts

Posted October 14, 2014 - 08:07 AM

Maybe my putting one in will spur some more nominations, so I'll nominate "Hogzilla" as an "open category".  It started out as a Bush Hog JBI that I bought just for spare parts, as it had been torched, welded on rusted through, and generally ruined as far as restoration.  

DSC00246.jpg DSC00248.jpg DSC00251.jpg

So she sat in the back of the goat shed till I stumbled on a Kubota diesel D1005.  I started work on Hogzilla.  

I got the engine installed using the original hydro/differential.  I built new fenders from flat metal stock, added power steering, and added footboards from a Massey 14.  Had to build lift arms for the 3 point, as originals were gone.  It has gone through a lot of changes, including a newer 2 speed hydro/diff from a Simplicity Sunstar.  Most recently I added rear PTO to run my tiller, and I changed it from foot hydro to hand lever, as it works better for plowing, and more controllable.  Also built a bumper where I installed recessed halogen headlights.

Here is how she looks today. I'd like to get her painted up some day, but may never get to it with life's demands.

DSC00034.JPG  Hogzilla Plow Day 2014.jpg

• gdub, hamman, Craig. and 10 others have said thanks

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,746 Thanks
  • 2,723 posts

Posted October 14, 2014 - 11:28 AM

This post has been promoted to an article

Attached Thumbnails

• 491.JPG
  • 492.JPG

• olcowhand, hamman, Craig. and 14 others have said thanks

#4 mtoney OFFLINE  

• Member No: 13665
  • 549 Thanks
  • 527 posts

Posted October 15, 2014 - 08:11 PM

How about my Allis Chalmers 920 Diesel, kind of a rare beast. I believe only made for 2 years and I think the only air cooled diesel factory installed. All other factory garden tractor diesel were liquid cooled in the USA atleast. I aquired this beast thru blind luck. I knew of this tractor since early this spring. I am the head technician for the local Simplicity dealership and the previous owner was coming in for parts and to ask me questions. The tractors ongoing issues with smokey exhaust scared him and he liked my Cub Cadet model 70 with its snowthrower that was in the shop. I knew he was trying to sell the 920 and he knew I was interested but lacked enough cash to buy her. We made a deal for my cub and a little cash that I was able to afford. I plan to square away the engine and repaint/redecal the tractor next spring. I currently have a 48" mower deck and 42" spring trip snow blade. I am searching for a snow cab for it. Here are the one pic I have at the moment, I can take plenty more, just way to rainy today to get any.  

Here are the pics that the previous owner took and sent me when I was working out the deal with him, they kind of keep in the feel of harvest theme. My garden also sucked, maters got blight and what did do well, was very early in the season. Mike

• olcowhand, hamman, Craig. and 10 others have said thanks

#5 propane1 ONLINE  

• Member No: 54307
  • 5,876 Thanks
  • 3,112 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 05:33 PM

I will put in my MF7. My son and I bought this tractor after we bought the LGT165 Ford. this was ten years ago.  We have a deck for it and used it in the woods to haul out wood with the little trailer. My son, at the time was 14, loved to use it in the woods to haul out the wood and make trails in the woods to see what the tractor could do. He and I had a lot of fun back then, but times changes and we don't do that any more.

Any way the 7 has not seen much action in the last few years. So we decided to get it out of storage and use it a bit. So this is my MF7 with a harvest of wood. It will be going back into storage in a week or so again for the winter.   Noel   

Attached Thumbnails

• binder days 2014 405.jpg
  • binder days 2014 404.jpg
  • binder days 2014 403.jpg
  • binder days 2014 402.jpg
  • binder days 2014 401.jpg

• olcowhand, hamman, Craig. and 8 others have said thanks

#6 hamman OFFLINE  

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,526 Thanks
  • 2,552 posts

Posted October 17, 2014 - 06:36 PM

Hello my name is Ed. I am a 1972 Jacobsen 1200 Super Chief Hydro.DSCF6756.JPG DSCF6754.JPG I came to live with the Hammans after my original owner passed away. That's how I got my name " Ed " he was a great guy and used me to mow the cottage and snow blow the driveway when he came up a couple times a winter. I sat a lot for the last 4 years that I was sat Eds because he was not up to running me a lot. When Ed passed his wife Nana asked Hamman if he would like to take me home. I was glad he did because I was afraid I would just set in the garage and rust away. After Hamman and his family took me in I got a good washing and I had my mower deck cleaned and my blades sharpened. They changed my oil and gave me some new grease. I get to set in a heated garage now and I am used when the weather is bad and there is snow to blow.DSCF6751.JPG My snow blower was well used when I lived with Ed but he really didn't do a lot of maintenance on me. He left that to the tractor guy. The tractor guy moved and it was a while before I had some attention ( mechanical wise) to me and my attachments. I have a front push blade but I don't use it a lot. i prefer to run my snow blower.. Strange I know because it's so cold but I really like it.

This year Hamman had to fix the cutting edge and auger on my snow blower .DSCF8122.JPG My old one had warn in half. The bottom of the housing had cracked and it was also wearing out. Hamman fixed straightened and welded the housing and put on a new cutting edge. After that he straightened my auger and re adjusted my drive chain. He gave me new grease again and has changed my engine oil.  Enough about me here are some pictures of me working and some pictures of my repair.  Thanks for looking at me. I appreciate being keep going and used by Hamman and his family.DSCF6776.JPG Oh that's my step brother Bob, but that"a another story. Thanks.                                                                                               Ed.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF6758.JPG
  • DSCF8101.JPG
  • DSCF8109.JPG
  • DSCF8115.JPG

• olcowhand, gdub, Craig. and 8 others have said thanks

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted October 23, 2014 - 05:37 PM

Let the voting begin.

• BTS, Peter W and chieffan have said thanks

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,652 Thanks
  • 1,682 posts

Posted October 23, 2014 - 10:10 PM

Nice group this month (like always) :thumbs:

#9 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,502 Thanks
  • 6,371 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 10:28 AM

So, where's the "Harvest" part?   Too many "anything goes" lists anymore, let's stick with the themes!  Maybe we need different themes that we can really match?  Not sure.   Would like to see pix of the Allis, but those links take forever to load for me and never wait that long. Besides, thought the pictures had to be IN the posting??  Just a note, didn't see notice on wanting entries like most times and was kinda wondering why wasn't showing up.  Did I just miss that?  OR, does the notice just come on right away after one is picked and have to look at posting again?  Didn't even see the do the "Voting" link at top like usual, just ran accros the forum when cruising the site.

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 01:10 PM

We may do some editing on the Featured Tractor themes for the following year.

• hamman and VintageIronCollector have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: voting, featured tractor