21 replies to this topic

#16 Alc OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,293 Thanks
  • 6,498 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 05:33 AM

Glad to hear you got a deal and price your  happy with :thumbs:   Will this be getting a full blow resto or just enough to make it look decent ?

#17 vintageiron OFFLINE  

• Member No: 62804
  • 14 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 08:45 PM

I don't know about restoring it but I do want to find any missing bits that it needs. Front wheel dust cap, air cleaner and center screw, and maybe paint the wheels white instead of yellow.

I did get a chance to try out the mid mount grader today along with a home made box grader he gave me. Both appear to be made from a single length of I beam. I had 4 tons of crushed concrete delivered the other day to extend my driveway, it made short work of spreading it out nice and even. I like the B1 better because it'll turn around in such a small space, the B110 takes nearly twice the room. I also noticed that in a hard turn either way, the B110's front tires will hit the deck. Someone has 16-650x8 tires on narrow rims, which look the same as whats on the B1, plus the front axle has a lot of pivot bushing slop.

I did clean out the carb real quick on the B110 and it runs a lot better, but I lowered the float to 'level' as the spec sheet says but it feels like its starving for fuel. Raising the float a bit makes it run a lot better but it drips when it sits that way.

So far all I've done to the B1 is clean and fix the ignition wiring and replace the battery that was in it. The battery was date stamped March 1971. My guess is this thing has been sitting nearly that long. It would explain the total lack of wear on any of the moving parts.

• Alc said thank you

#18 MH81 OFFLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,722 Thanks
  • 28,356 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 06:34 AM

Good to hear you got them home and are happy with your purchases. I did t get to read this thread for a couple days and the deal goes thru. :thumbs:
Can't wait to see pics of them playing.

#19 vintageiron OFFLINE  

• 14 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 05:11 PM

I dug through a few boxes of spares and found just about all the parts for the headlights. I will need to weld up a few cracks in the light buckets though.

A neighbor had a yardsale today, and I had the B110 sitting in the driveway after giving it a good wash. Some guy stopped and wanted to buy it, at first I thought it wasn't for sale but then I figured selling the B110 may pay for the whole deal.

I said make an offer and he came back with $400. I didn't reply and was contemplating whether or not I wanted to cut loose what may be a spare motor for the B1. After I didn't say yes or no right away he came back with $500, at that point I figured I'd let it go.

So I now have a B1 and a lot of other parts and attachments for under $100 in all.

• MH81, Alc, Talntedmrgreen and 1 other said thanks

#20 yardiron OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2796
  • 23 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted October 29, 2014 - 03:11 AM

I don't recall the B1 models having headlights?

Are you sure the lights aren't from the B110?

What style of mount do they have?

#21 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,053 Thanks
  • 2,167 posts

Posted October 29, 2014 - 08:28 AM

The B-1 had a front and rear light option, similar to a 700/725, but mounted at the hood hinge bolt vs the cyclops center mount.  I saw a brochure pic once where a B-1 had one mounted on each hood hinge for dual lights, but the kits offered were only one front and one rear.  Here's the diagram for the B-1 front lite.  I've only ever seen one of these factory mounts....they are probably often overlooked.

• KennyP said thank you

#22 vintageiron OFFLINE  

• 14 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 12:51 AM

I've got two headlamps attached to angle brackets, the right lamp has a toggle switch on it, the other does not.
I've also got a flat bar with a light at each end, it has two bolt holes towards the middle, about the width of the hood.

I answered an ad today on CL for another B110, the guy was only asking $50, I got it for $25. I think he just wanted it out of the yard. 
It runs but needs tires. It does have a minty clean mower deck and matching snow plow though. Its missing its seat and battery and fuel tank side panels as well.

I don't see how the bar type light set fits either tractor.

The lights on the B1 attach to the hood hinge bolts?