Got My Cub 107 Running

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cpg OFFLINE  

• Member No: 57994
  • 244 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 09:11 AM

Being an IH guy I was thrilled when I finally got a little IH (have a Farmall Super AI) to add to my colllection in the form of a Cub Cadet 107 I picked up back in August. Got a good deal on it and was all complete; came with a deck that is seized but that is another project. It sat for a while but I finally got some time this past weekend to tinker with it some. Put in a new spark plug, cleaned the points, and reconnected the coil wiring and got good spark. Took the carb off for a cleaning and the throttle shaft is completely worn out so there is little to no correlation between the governor and actual position of throttle plate. Luckily I have an extra Kohler that had a good carb so I cleaned that one up and got it installed. Put in some fresh gas, a battery, and an air filter and it runs great and hydro works good too. 

I thought it was a pretty straight original though while doing the carb I notied the engine is a Kohler K301 so it had a 12hp swapped in a some point; pretty much the sam engine anyway just with different displacement so it looks correct. Looks pretty good so it will probably get showed as is for now but will eventually get torn down and painted when its turn in comes up. Really glad I finally have a Cub, always like the look of them and the term "don't make 'em like they used to" really applies; this thing is built like a beast!

2014-10-19 18.13.22.jpg

• Gabriel said thank you

#2 breimer OFFLINE  

• Member No: 39058
  • 119 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 09:19 AM

Nice! I just aquired a 127 that looks in similar condition.

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,334 Thanks
  • 1,446 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 05:26 PM

Looks good!  I wouldn't trade my 107 for anything.  It has yet to let me down.  Just routine things for a 44 year old tractor.  Just pulled it in tonight to replace the hy-tran fluid and fix a hydrostat leak.