• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• Member No: 2691
  • 330 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 06:41 AM

I found this nice pair of star puller wheels the other night. Ive been keeping my eyes open for a set for a while. I have no immediate need, it's just something I've wanted for my Cub for some time. He has them listed for $235 plus shipping or best offer. Keep in mind that Midwest Super Cub is the only place that offers these rims, centercaps tires and tubes, mounted and ready to go for $245 plus shipping. $10 more than this guys auction. I offerd $175 and got the system generated immediate decline. The same for $200. So I emailed the guy and asked what his bottom line is and/or would he be willing to do $175 offline - essentially saving him $20+ in eBay fees and I offered to absorb the PayPal fees on my end too. No response to two emails. It's been three days since the first email. Unbelievable.

http://www.ebay.com/...78186977&_rdc=1   

Attached Thumbnails

• $_1.JPG

• hamman and IamSherwood have said thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 06:53 AM

Maybe you need to send him a link to the ones for $10 more :D
  • IamSherwood said thank you

#3 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• 330 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 07:02 AM

Midwest Super Cub

Attached Thumbnails

• mwsc.jpg

#4 Canawler ONLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 08:12 AM

Agreed, it's baffling when the seller is asking new pricing for used items but what's even more baffling is that the items occasionally sell for that...
  • Alc and grnlark have said thanks

#5 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 09:17 AM

Not sticking up for the guy,but ebay does monitor some auctions and there emails,if your caught doing business off ebay of an item that you have listed for sale they can suspend you and could be booted off ebay for life,not saying that's right but the way it is

• Alc and Sawdust have said thanks

#6 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• 330 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 09:37 AM

Not sticking up for the guy,but ebay does monitor some auctions and there emails,if your caught doing business off ebay of an item that you have listed for sale they can suspend you and could be booted off ebay for life,not saying that's right but the way it is

I hear ya. Easy enough to start another account if needed though. Their fees are so out of control now. They whack you 10% final auction fee then force you to use PayPal so they can whack you again another 5-7%. They won't even let you use the words "check" or "money order" in your listings. They get flagged. That's BS.   

• MH81, GTTinkerer and ENafziger have said thanks

#7 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 01:08 PM

Don't forget they charge you a shipping percentage fee off the bottom end, even if you don't use their labels, even if you're losing money on actual shipping... they still hit you for a shipping fee, unless you offer "free shipping"  ... in which case you need a higher opening bid to cover your shipping costs... resulting in a higher "final value fee" that they take off the top...  they will get you either way

at least they did the last time i looked up my monthly billing statement... last time i sold stuff and got a bill i couldn't find the itemized page, so who knows what they're really taking out any more... any more i just donate small stuff to the local goodwill.  even bigger stuff i sell on ebay is more of a donation process by the time they take their fees out.  i figure it's better than going to the dump as long as somebody can use it halfway across the country.  people near me don't recycle old stuff, they just "scrap it."

as for the seller mentioned above he has over 500+ seller feedback and a lot of hi-priced items, good for him, don't know how he does it, i don't have that kind of luck with ebay

#8 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 02:33 PM

Give him a bad rep on his profile on ebay he'll probably reply then

#9 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 04:06 PM

I used to sell model aircraft stuff on ebay. Key word used to.

#10 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 06:09 PM

I'm having issues of late with too many Chinese or import people offering stuff way cheap, actually comes from China and shipping makes it a regular priced object then. AND, when communicating with them on problems, the write just like they would speak and not know english well, and at times have NO idea what you are asking or wanting to know about products.  Stuff must come in huge package off the boat, they sell to anyone w/out knowing what they are really dealing with and get our money, the most important part I guess.  Too hard to correct the problems too, so I don't bother anymore, and have stopped dealing with non-US sellers.