• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 classic OFFLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,446 Thanks
  • 1,597 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 07:34 AM

Well the wood stove was going and the coffee pot was 10 feet away, so it seemed only logical. My girlfriend was sitting next to me most of the time and I did put a piece of cardboard down first. When I said " check it out, it's got spark " she gave me the look. You would think anyone would be curious as to what makes an engine work...guess not.
Anyway, I still have a bunch more parts to clean and I have to swap out the flywheel screen, since this will be a rope/crank start engine on the Mighty Mite.

Edited by classic, November 09, 2014 - 07:35 AM.

• Bill56 and trowel have said thanks

#32 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 07:41 AM

Should had her hold the plug wire! :smilewink:

• Bill56, trowel and classic have said thanks

#33 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 07:54 AM

Can't understand your getting "the look" from your girlfriend. That just isn't right... a girl not getting excited about an engine!!! :)
  • classic said thank you

#34 classic OFFLINE  

classic
  • 3,446 Thanks
  • 1,597 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 07:54 AM

I was already pushing my luck Kenny, and I'd like to live to hear it run. Actually, she's pretty good about my tractor junk.
  • KennyP said thank you

#35 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 08:28 AM

Can't understand your getting "the look" from your girlfriend. That just isn't right... a girl not getting excited about an engine!!! :)

When I left my boss's farm on Friday his dairy milker and her friend was working on her truck replacing the bad CV joint for the 4-wheel drive.

On my way by the shop to the field i blurped the Jake and got some giggles out of them, both girls are in their early 20's and mechanically inclined to a degree with a shop manual between them, having owned 7 Chevy S-10 trucks i stopped in and gave them a few advice before heading home that evening.

Yes Bill, Jim, both girls are cute and think my International dump truck's sexy :thumbs:  sigh !! i miss vocational school :dancingbanana:

Edited by trowel, November 09, 2014 - 08:29 AM.

• KennyP and classic have said thanks

#36 classic OFFLINE  

classic
  • 3,446 Thanks
  • 1,597 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 11:27 AM

I took masonry back in high school at a votec center here. Our teacher was a great guy and looked like he just stepped out of the fifties. His hair was greased back, had thick rimmed glasses, and always had a pen in the pocket of his yellow or white short sleeve button up shirt. He was ALWAYS serious, and I learned alot from him.
The girls from the cosmetology class would stop in once in a while and offer free haircuts, so naturally we would go even if we didn't need one. My teacher would look over the top of his glasses from behind his desk when those of us that didn't need a haircut said yes. You should have seen the look on his face when the girls stopped by offering manicures...my nails never looked so good, HA!
  • trowel said thank you

#37 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 12:18 PM

For reference, here is a pic of an NOS Briggs ZZ crankshaft seal, Briggs part number 69740. It's a National seal, part number 50336. The current National part number for this seal is 450336 and is easy to find if you search this current number. This seal is the correct seal for the differential pinion shaft/housing on the Mighty mite, also.

So is this seal 1/2'' Thick?

I'm going to catalog this into my system for future reference. As the Old stock is being depleted its crucial we take the numbers down and try to find an interchange before they are gone so future collectors can still get parts.

• classic said thank you

#38 classic OFFLINE  

classic
  • 3,446 Thanks
  • 1,597 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 12:41 PM

Yes, catalog this seal Bolens1000. The dimentions for National seal, part number 450336 are 1.187 x 2.250 × .500. Rebuilding these old tractors really gets us searching.
  • Bolens 1000 and trowel have said thanks

#39 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 12:56 PM

Yes, catalog this seal Bolens1000. The dimentions for National seal, part number 450336 are 1.187 x 2.250 × .500. Rebuilding these old tractors really gets us searching.

My National Interchange still shows its available! :dancingbanana:

• classic said thank you