LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,685 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 08:44 AM

There is such a great bunch of folks on here! I can't think of anyone that I would rather not meet up with. That leads me to ask; Who is your greatest inspiration? Who lead you to be who you are?

• Bill56, hamman, sacsr and 2 others have said thanks

#2 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,503 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 09:21 AM

There is such a great bunch of folks on here! I can't think of anyone that I would rather not meet up with. That leads me to ask; Who is your greatest inspiration? Who lead you to be who you are?

Not to get into a "religious" discussion, but my relationship with Christ has shaped alot of my person and is my inspiration as the person I should become. 

Now referring to a family member, friends, etc I would have to say my parents shaped me, specifically my father when it comes to

a lot of my personality, my actions etc. I was raised to respect everyone, have a hard work ethic, provide for my family, not to mention all the building/contruction skills he taught me and to use my common sense. Dad was the one person I wanted to be like and it must've have happened cause my mom,sisters and wife are always saying....."you are just like your father".

• Bill56, johndeereelfman, sacsr and 6 others have said thanks

#3 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 09:33 AM

Mine, like, TAHOE is Jesus Christ. I try to treat others as he would want. My parents and grandparents have taught me that foundation in my life.

• Bill56, johndeereelfman, sacsr and 5 others have said thanks

#4 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 09:34 AM

All credit has to go to my Wife and Kids.

• Bill56, sacsr, LilysDad and 1 other said thanks

#5 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 10:20 AM

My father and grandfather were my greatest inspirations growing up.  They both taught me so much, and taught me how to be a good man. 

I may not of always been a good man, but in time I picked up on those things they taught me when I was a kid.

• Bill56, sacsr, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#6 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,910 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 10:34 AM

I was schooled by nun's need I say more. After further thought there is more to be said.I was raised in a strict catholic family, my sister and me went to a catholic school and were taught by nun's. We wore uniforms boy's white shirt and tie, girls wore a blue dress.We were taught respect first off, and you behaved in school because that Nun had no problem taking you out of your seat by your ear or hair and making an example out of you in front the classroom. And when you got home you did not tell your parent's for fear of further repercussion. Make no mistake about it you were there to learn we learned about God and the bible and the usual study's, I would not trade my education there for anything it made me who I am today. Its a shame what goes on in our schools today no prayer no mention of God at all, some schools no pledge of allegiance. Drugs guns and mayhem no wonder were going down the toilet as a society . Parents think its the teacher's fault,I think its the other way around.

Edited by HANKG, October 20, 2014 - 05:09 PM.

• Bill56, sacsr and LilysDad have said thanks

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 11:38 AM

The Good Lord, My Parents, my Friends, and my wife and kids.
But in the end, it's all my parents fault as they shaped me to pick good friends, and raise my children right... They really screwed up on the how to choose a mate thing tho... (Just kidding Hun, just kidding)
  • Bill56, johndeereelfman, sacsr and 1 other said thanks

#8 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,446 Thanks
  • 3,995 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 11:58 AM

Every people I meet, every book I read, every work I do inspires me - more or less and in a good or not so good way. And so we're inspirers, too.

#9 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• Member No: 6171
  • 280 Thanks
  • 403 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 11:58 AM

I would have to say my wife and her parents are the reason I am how I turned out. I had already went down a fairly nasty road and was getting ready to head there again when I met my wife. She kept me focused and taught there are better things in life.

#10 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 12:04 PM

I have to say that I've been most inspired by those who took the time to share their life's experiences with me. It seems that most truly good people like to share. Many of those people reside here and I thank you. 

• olcowhand, Bill56, sacsr and 3 others have said thanks

#11 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 02:40 PM

God is my leader and to him I will always follow. He gives me the breath each day to breathe and to live life to the fullest. He Blessed me with the best friend a man could ask for, my wife, and blessed us both with three wonderful children, so to him I owe my life.

As for an inspiration here on earth, I'm going to say you guys here on GTtalk. There was a point in my life that I wasn't a popular guy, so I only cared about my family and myself. To me, outside of the things I couldn't control, nothing else mattered. But after joining this site and meeting all of you guys, I found that it's ok to venture outside of these four walls, and offering your friendship to others can be comfortable. After doing so, I found that you guys make mistake just like me, and we don't laugh or judge others because of those mistakes. We offer our opinions, help, and prayers when times are needed, and although a little scary at first, I can't imagine not offering help to those in need. At one point in my life, offering your help or services, or even praying for someone else wasn't easy, and in most cases always seemed to end up getting me hurt, so I stayed away and kept my mouth shut. Now days, Thanks to all of you, I don't feel right keeping my mouth shut. I'm just not comfortable with not offering my services. 

I've said it before, and I don't mind saying it again. You guys have become part of my Family. Heck, I chat with you guys more than I do with my personal family. In fact, I probably go weeks without talking to my personal family, but I can't go more than two or three hours without checking in with you guys. My personal family is what it is, and I accepted their excuses and reasons for not wanting to communicate, but personally, I'd rather hang out with you guys anyway. You all are uplifting, encourager's, motivators, and we all come together when needed. If that's not inspiration, then I don't know what is. 

Edited by johndeereelfman, October 20, 2014 - 02:43 PM.

• olcowhand, Bill56, MH81 and 9 others have said thanks

#12 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 03:06 PM

My Dad.

• Bill56, sacsr, Cvans and 2 others have said thanks

#13 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 04:59 PM

My Mom was anchor in my youth. Dad worked nights all his life and not home much for things. Good work ethics from both, support yourself, don't use others in bad way to get ahead, etc.  Two brothers were more like Dad's to me, (I was late sprout in family), and they taught me about mechanics and cars, motorcycles and for long time did that. Now both are old and not healthy, but still can be anchors if needed.  Myself have kept sense of humor, (tho sometimes not understood as that), and take it as it comes and deal with it one thing at a time. No Wait!  Many things at a time, yeah, you guy's Know I DO that, right!  You guy's are good to me also, till I move on and never come back! (Humor again).

• Bill56, sacsr, Cvans and 2 others have said thanks

#14 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 05:28 PM

Jesus Christ is all I can give the credit to.  Sure, there are a lot of people who have molded, shaped, and (somedays) beat me into what I am.  But they all pointed me to Jesus.  He did for me what no one else can do. He is making me something I cannot be by myself. 

And the great part is, He does it all freely.  I don't think there is any way I can give anyone else what is due Jesus.

Ben W.

• Bill56, johndeereelfman, sacsr and 4 others have said thanks

#15 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 09:56 PM

Jesus Christ has been my inspiration since I was a child. Trusting & having faith in God in all things regardless the situation. I had a church school teacher in the 6th grade would tell us as we left her little class " do as Jesus would do children". To this day I can hear her say that. My parents were inspirational teaching hard work, being responsible, treating others as I would like to be treated. I saw how my Dad loved & respected my Mom teaching me as a child how to do the same later in my life. When it comes to GT's this forum was my inspiration. I dragged my 1968 MF 12 out to see what kind of shape it was in. I went on the internet, followed a few forums for a few weeks & felt like GTtalk was the best. Not only was the info the best but the integrity of the members & the moderators were top notch. Now five tractors later, parts everywhere, visiting the forum everyday, I'M definitely inspired.
  • olcowhand, Bill56, johndeereelfman and 4 others have said thanks