Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

New Kid On The Block Might Have Found The One!

cub cadet low bo 154

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Stihl Blazin OFFLINE  

Stihl Blazin
  • Member No: 62702
  • 6 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 08:35 PM

SO everyone I went out to a buddys recently who is moving to florida to look at his 04 powerstroke when  behind the truck I notice a Cub Cadet Low bo 154,14hp 4cyl. gas LISTEN TO THIS asked him what he wants for it says $300 bucks can you believe that?! It has a 60inch mower(heard alot of problems were mower related so probably be removed) , no 3 point hitch or front loader. I asked him when It ran last and he said 2 years ago and it ran just fine all the time tho he bought a zero turn to mow faster and parked it in that spot 2 years ago and hasnt moved it since tires up front are flat but big rears are in great shape. So would this be a good tractor for pulling(no tracks or comps)8ft logs / proper sized plow/tillar/disc for tractor and are there any really known problems not mowing related . I would love to restore it /possibly sell for hit and skip big jd or case ive seen around like 2k which also confuses me can these restored really sell for 4k ive seen acouple on tractor house in the range? Also for finical safety if this thing ends up being alot of TLC needed done to it aka wont turn over or knocks bad or just plain wont start can i at least sell it easily for 800 to 1000 the woman wont stop bugging me on "what if you dont get it working?!" lol she said "why do you need another tractor you just got one?!" I said yes but I need a bigger one haha thanks guys let me know whatcha think 

• tinbender7, boyscout862, LilysDad and 3 others have said thanks

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 08:41 PM

That was the steal of the year right there!   :thumbs:   Those little tractors are great to do nearly anything you need done.  The ones around here sell for $2000-3000 depending on the amount of implements.  They are good on fuel and what they do use, the put to power. 

Is it a Woods belly mower?  If so, don't throw that off.  That is a good mower. 

If you need parts, let me know.  I do carry a full run of antique tractor parts. 

Ben W.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,599 Thanks
  • 7,655 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 08:50 PM

the woman wont stop bugging me on "what if you dont get it working?!" lol she said "why do you need another tractor you just got one?!" I said yes but I need a bigger one haha thanks guys let me know whatcha think 

Why do those women keep asking about stuff they don't understand? :wallbanging:

Ask her if she's going to get the money out of all that make up she buys!

Oh, and that machine you got is a Cub, not a Cub Cadet.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 Coventry Plumber OFFLINE  

Coventry Plumber
  • Member No: 60643
  • 1,031 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 08:50 PM

You really cant lose on this deal. You can still double your money if it doesn't run and u resell it. If u fix it and keep it you made out great. If u totally restore it you MAY not get the amount u need to cover time, material and profit but u would have one nice low boy on your hands.
U could list it and if u get the right offer u can decide then.Nice score either way
Tom

#5 Stihl Blazin OFFLINE  

Stihl Blazin
  • 6 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 08:55 PM

lol right and it is the belly mower (is that a good mower I work on a farm but we only have one giant tractor to mow and since a now fired employee wrecked the other so If it can mow I could become his mowing guy) but really first question I could use answered is how much is this thing worth if it wont run, paints decent id give it a 6 out of 10 and front grill it bent in about 3 inches exwife of his ran it into pole (wanted zero turn oh the irony) no actual damage just grill bent in. 

#6 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 08:58 PM

Have to check the little clutches they used in back by rear-end, they sometimes go bad. Fixable! The grill surrounds are fiberglas and many times broken up, hard to find. Someone is making those now, but expensive. Could put a lot into it to be real nice, but would keep mower on it and fix problems. Loaders on these not so good, in way more than useful I always heard. Not sure how hard to find 3pt hitches and other stuff for them. Seems plenty cheap!  I would buy it if offred to me.

#7 junkman OFFLINE  

junkman
  • Member No: 61811
  • 125 Thanks
  • 58 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 09:07 PM

if I had a deal like that offered me, I would have whipped out the money then and there and ask questions later. Would part out for more then that. Always thought I would love to have one. I wouldn't even negotiate on a deal like that.
  • HANKG said thank you

#8 StihlBlazinsGirlfriend OFFLINE  

StihlBlazinsGirlfriend
  • Member No: 62757
  • 6 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 09:25 PM

Why do those women keep asking about stuff they don't understand? :wallbanging:

Ask her if she's going to get the money out of all that make up she buys!

Oh, and that machine you got is a Cub, not a Cub Cadet.

Well I don't buy make up...um actually I don't wear make up, but I do like horse back riding...I do spend a decent amount on my horse stuff.  :smilewink: Oh and I invested in his MS 361 chainsaw.(made our money back plus more with it.)

• GTTinkerer, LilysDad, superaben and 2 others have said thanks

#9 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,869 Thanks
  • 2,789 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 11:08 PM

Well I don't buy make up...um actually I don't wear make up, but I do like horse back riding...I do spend a decent amount on my horse stuff.  :smilewink: Oh and I invested in his MS 361 chainsaw.(made our money back plus more with it.) So there LILLYS dad !

• LilysDad said thank you

#10 petrj6 OFFLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,807 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 04:26 AM

The worst you can do is have to scrap it and that will get your $300 back, for that price I would have it home by now and probably running :thumbs:  go for it and think about it later

#11 Coventry Plumber OFFLINE  

Coventry Plumber
  • Member No: 60643
  • 1,031 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 05:58 AM

You really can lose on this deal. You can still double your money if it doesn't run and u resell it. If u fix it and keep it you made out great. If u totally restore it you MAY not get the amount u need to cover time, material and profit but u would have one nice low boy on your hands.
U could list it and if u get the right offer u can decide then.Nice score either way
Tom

I wanted to say CAN'T lose. Oops

#12 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 06:48 AM

I wanted to say CAN'T lose. Oops

Fixed it. :D
  • Coventry Plumber said thank you

#13 Stihl Blazin OFFLINE  

Stihl Blazin
  • 6 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 07:01 AM

Well good news is it isnt going anywhere my friend said it was mine so it might not be home for a month or so but boi when I do ill post thousands of pictures Im surprised I didnt take a pic of it when I was there 

#14 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,754 Thanks
  • 7,525 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 07:35 AM

Well I don't buy make up...um actually I don't wear make up, but I do like horse back riding...I do spend a decent amount on my horse stuff.  :smilewink: Oh and I invested in his MS 361 chainsaw.(made our money back plus more with it.)

Welcome to GTT. Relax and enjoy the site. I have 80+ tractors out in the yard and woods. My wife doesn't give me a hard time about them. Two are hers. One her father built for her 52 years ago (Texas Deere and Horse brought it from Louisiana to Connecticut for us). The other is her little tractor with a cart to use in her garden. You need your own tractor to help with the horse maintenance chores. Good Luck, Rick

BTW: My wife was an ER nurse when we got married. I promised no more motorcycles and she promised no more horses. She never wore makeup either, I found that very intelligent and self confident.

Edited by boyscout862, October 20, 2014 - 07:39 AM.

• GTTinkerer and LilysDad have said thanks

#15 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,599 Thanks
  • 7,655 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 07:57 AM

Ummmh . . .   ahhhhh . . .    Well, hi there!!! :oh_shucks: The statement SB made is a very common one with wives and girlfriends of members and we joke about it a lot here. I hope it didn't offend. Anyway glad you joined us. I hope you stick around.

• superaben and StihlBlazinsGirlfriend have said thanks