#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 05:48 PM

PK has Quick-tach system and the brush needs assist to lift I guess. They have this spring system in manual. I had to make some and/or modify. Not sure if spring is gonna be tough enough or not, tractor not running to test yet. Had to reinforce the front bumper area also, past mounts have bent it outward. Stiffened it up with heavy metal, got most of bends out of it.  Also was going to mount my three point to it and found diff size holes in mounts on back for the rockshaft. Mount is from plastic 85 vintage, thought would be same, guess not. This is a Snapper brand and wonder if they had PK make changes for them, or if t he later tractors DO have diff hitch?? The holes for pivot bushings are 1-3/4" on it, and have two slightly flat spots on them to keep bushing from turning I suppose. Older tractors had 1.5" outer bushing size, no flat spots. Not sure if I just need diff bushings or if whole hitch is a no go??

Attached Thumbnails

• Z Briggs block with Holes 2014-10-19 002.jpg
  • Z Briggs block with Holes 2014-10-19 003.jpg
  • Z Briggs block with Holes 2014-10-19 004.jpg

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 08:40 PM

Just FYI, there is later bushings and they are steel, not brass and bigger on outside. Have two flat spots to fit in frame holes correct.  I bought a pair from Mission. $29.95 EACH tho, Ka-ching!  I also ended up buying the 1" lift bar for it, instead of making one like the plan. It was about $45 and figured have that much in having one made or close, so just got it.  NOW, still gotta work on some lower main lift arms I got  AND, get tractor running to see it work!!  Been doing other projects which are more important and not got back to it yet.

#3 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted October 31, 2014 - 09:42 PM

Just a note to tell ya I got PK running again!  Brush does good and got those huge 3/8" chains on it too. Put new wire terms on switch end, fixed the fuse box with a new one, and no go yet. Changed out that little puter that I let smoke out of and it runs all the safety stuff and fired right off. Good thing I got one in last order. Hydraulics had no problem lifting the broom and ran it fine.  Swept some leaves off the road, then even went into the grass to move some around. Had to raise it up some for that or it really digs into sod and dirt. Won't be doing that anyway. THEN....put those huge 3/8" chains on it. First were way too long. Last time they were on Turf tires of big size I guess. I bought it with the Ag tires and were smaller diameter. After cutting the cross-links out, they finally fit on. Ha, even with 2 link these huge things are almost spaced like 4 link chains, cause links are so big on side chains. They sure ride bumpity-bumpity tho. Guess OK for snow use.  One odd thing is the tractor needed extra run to back into garage to get up the ridge of floor. Seems the broom raised is heavy and tires just spun on garage floor when the front wheels hit that lip. Might need more weight in back. When broom is down it rides on wheels and you use float position, so it will be OK pushing snow. Still got to get new throttle or ?? as this one goes down right away while using. Need that fast speed to run the broom.

• MNGB said thank you

#4 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,007 Thanks
  • 831 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 01:20 PM

Hi glgrumpy, good report glad you got it up and running again anf the the brush works good, are you planning on using it for snow? I had a Berco power broom I was always going to adapt to one of the Suburbans but never got a around to it so I put an ad on CL and it sold in a day, that was before I bought the PK niw I kind of wish I still had cause I think with would have been easier to mt on it.

Yea with the brush up it takes the weight off the rear, you'll just have to bulk up on chololate cookies :D