• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 01:48 PM

A couple of us have tried to work out a deal but they will not budge much on their asking price.

Besides the blades and a couple misc things there's really not that much there, alot of 80's push mower stuff that dosent sell.

• superaben said thank you

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 07:22 PM

A couple of us have tried to work out a deal but they will not budge much on their asking price.

Besides the blades and a couple misc things there's really not that much there, alot of 80's push mower stuff that dosent sell.

I figured that.  If it was worth any sort of $14000 SELLABLE parts, not just $14000 dust collectors, it would have been gone a long time back.  He's been trying to sell that for a long time now.

Ben W.

#4 Rainier ONLINE  

Rainier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 53758
  • 376 Thanks
  • 393 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 08:55 PM

Ya I see. I have never looked at CL in New York , there is bolens stuff all over the place. I had a hunch that you have already seen what I found.
We'll this is another topic but! What do you know about a bolens grass catcher, And did they fit a tube frame?
Bet the Doc knows???

#5 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,764 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 09:23 PM

Thanks for the info,but ya,to much for whats there,Thanks, Rick

#6 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,179 Thanks
  • 2,148 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 10:58 PM

What do you know about a bolens grass catcher, And did they fit a tube frame?

There was not a grass catcher attachment for any of the tube-frame mower decks. 

A rear-mounted vacuum attachment with its own engine used hoses to collect clippings from the mower deck and deposit them into a cart pulled behind the vacuum.  ...These vacs  were not made by Bolens.  .....Most were made by E-Z Vac, and were available for most tractor brands.

Another means of picking up clippings were a sweeper attachment pulled behind the tractor. ....These were not engine-powered but the brushes were spun by the rotation of the sweeper's wheels.   ......Parker and Lambert were two of the major manufacturers of sweepers. 

The biggest disadvantage of the sweepers was that they required another trip over the lawn to sweep up the clippings because the sweeper was towed directly behind the tractor, but the mower decks discharged clippings out the right side of the deck.  ....Bolens tube-frame rotary mower decks were never made with a rear discharge.  .....However, the sweeper would work while mowing if using a front-mount reel mower.    

• Bolens 1000 and Rainier have said thanks