Just acquired another 1967 110 last month, and finally got around to getting it running. The starter/generator was missing, the spark plug hole in the head was stripped out, the gas line was bad, and the wheels and tires weren't the original sizes for the tractor. The choke cable was frozen, the inspection plate was missing, the rubber lift handle and variator handle grips were being held on by electrical tape, and the seat spring was mounted on backwards. So, I installed a donor starter/generator, swapped out the whole motor with a spare that I had on the shelf, added a new gas line, and installed the correct size, narrow wheels with new tires. I also installed all of the pieces for the rear lift, added a helper spring, added the front lift rod, installed new rubber grips on both handles, added the inspection plate, replaced the choke cable, changed the seat spring around, installed a new wiring harness, changed the points and condenser, installed a new battery, and added gas with a little seafoam. To my amazement, the tractor started, but the carb leaked bad. So I pulled the carb, soaked it three days in CLR, polished it up a little, and added the new rebuild kit.
Today was the first day that I had a chance to mount the carb, and after turning the key, she fired. Caleb and I ran it up and down the alleyway a couple of times, and all gears in the tranny sound good. The variable speed even works like it should. I just have to make an adjustment to the brake rod yet, and she'll be good as new.
I didn't think to take pictures of it when I first got it, but here is how it looks now with the narrow wheels and new sneakers mounted:
I'm still debating whether or not to add a set of headlights, the tail light, and a cigarette lighter to it yet. Since this tractor is a double, I will most likely make this one my new workhorse now. At least for plowing snow over the winter months. I'll keep the '73 140 as my primary garden chore tractor.
Edited by johndeereelfman, October 18, 2014 - 09:42 PM.