• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 powerstroker00 OFFLINE  

powerstroker00

• Member No: 8405
  • 669 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted October 18, 2014 - 08:39 PM

at our last show an older gentleman seen my sons ht20 and said he knew where there was one with a loader and backhoe. long story short I called the guy, went to look at it today and my son ended up buying it. the tractor is a ht23 and its pretty rough. has been sitting for along time, thought the motor was locked but i think the starter was just stuck. its missing the driveshaft and has some other stuff missing. good news is the loader and hoe are complete and will probably be put on his ht20 or he picked up a 1886. here are some pics.100_3064.JPG 100_3065.JPG 100_3066.JPG

• olcowhand, rustyoldjunk, Gtractor and 8 others have said thanks

#2 Littledeere ONLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted October 18, 2014 - 08:46 PM

Sweet, I want a 400 with the Brantly back hoe and loader but I may have to hit the lotto to buy it

• truck21 and powerstroker00 have said thanks

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted October 18, 2014 - 10:20 PM

Neat! Wow, that is one long arm on that backhoe! Bet need a lot of weights in front to keep that down when using?? Backhoe off a bigger machine or is it really what would be used on this one? Hope you got it for a good price then.

• powerstroker00 said thank you

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 06:51 AM

Hard to believe that a useful machine like that was sitting and rotting. I don't imagine it went up in value as it set there rusting. 

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,475 Thanks
  • 39,715 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 07:17 AM

That is a nice addition to the herd! Glad the loader/hoe are all complete!

#6 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 09:43 AM

Neat! Wow, that is one long arm on that backhoe! Bet need a lot of weights in front to keep that down when using?? Backhoe off a bigger machine or is it really what would be used on this one? Hope you got it for a good price then.

Thats a factory backhoe. 

• Bolens 1000 and powerstroker00 have said thanks

#7 C130A Flight Engineer OFFLINE  

C130A Flight Engineer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 3333
  • 175 Thanks
  • 146 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 10:06 AM

That is an awesome score! I have wanted that EXACT same setup for years and can never find one that is close enough or "economical" enough to buy. Great find and congrats! Be sure to read the safety supplements that
should be available anywhere on line, they are pretty generic. You may already have experience with the operation of this type of power equipment and are aware of the hazards. Be careful! Even a LGT roll over can be a terrible accident.

So, since I have never been lucky enough to make a score like that, I have decided to build a track type front end loader and backhoe.

I will be using a 24 HP Wisconsin that formerly ran a tree shaker on an almond orchard operation. The drive
system is hydraulic motors chain driving the drive wheels with hydraulic power supplied by a direct drive hydraulic pump on the units engine.

It will take me years, but it should be a fun project.

#8 powerstroker00 OFFLINE  

powerstroker00

• 669 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 11:27 AM

That is an awesome score! I have wanted that EXACT same setup for years and can never find one that is close enough or "economical" enough to buy. Great find and congrats! Be sure to read the safety supplements that
should be available anywhere on line, they are pretty generic. You may already have experience with the operation of this type of power equipment and are aware of the hazards. Be careful! Even a LGT roll over can be a terrible accident.

So, since I have never been lucky enough to make a score like that, I have decided to build a track type front end loader and backhoe.

I will be using a 24 HP Wisconsin that formerly ran a tree shaker on an almond orchard operation. The drive
system is hydraulic motors chain driving the drive wheels with hydraulic power supplied by a direct drive hydraulic pump on the units engine.

It will take me years, but it should be a fun project.

he had the manuals for the loader, hoe, tractor, and mower deck(didn't come with deck). plus he gave us two rear drop housings for it, two front wheels/tires, and a old motor off of a panzer, not sure what it is yet, its the blue with a mag. he says he has a whole box of bolens parts also, couldn't find them when we where there said he would find them and call me. all in all im happy with what I got. don't know if I can save the tractor or not but the loader and hoe will be put to use. time will tell.

• Alc and fogler12538 have said thanks

#9 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 11:25 PM

oh your the one that put that on facebook? now i see i wasted my time sending you a message asking if you wanted to sell it.. damn why cant i find this stuff

#10 powerstroker00 OFFLINE  

powerstroker00

• 669 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 07:41 PM

oh your the one that put that on facebook? now i see i wasted my time sending you a message asking if you wanted to sell it.. damn why cant i find this stuff

my son is the one that put it on facebook. he bought it, and I doubt that he would ever sell it. he has quite the collection. his phone quit after he posted that so he hasn't been on fb in awhile

#11 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted October 22, 2014 - 07:52 PM

Get any other sized buckets for the backhoe?

#12 powerstroker00 OFFLINE  

powerstroker00

• 669 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted October 23, 2014 - 08:25 PM

Get any other sized buckets for the backhoe?

nope, what u c is what we got. I've been on days this week 7am to 7pm so no time to work on it. I'm off now for 7 days straight so should have time to at least get it fired up.  maybe take the hoe and loader off and put on another tractor.

#13 powerstroker00 OFFLINE  

powerstroker00

• 669 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 07:55 AM

well I don't believe it. it runs!!!!! cleaned out carb and had to take the fuel pump apart, it was full of some black tar lookin stuff. put it back together (with alittle more tinkering) she fired right up. no smoke, no knock, sounds real good. started dumping hydro fluid in the loader trying to work out all the air. everything going great, switch to the hoe same deal lookin good then pow, there goes a line blew a fog hydro all over barn and my truck, wow does that make a mess. but at least it runs and the loader and hoe seam to do what they should.

• Rock farmer said thank you