• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,545 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 11:10 AM

I went to my local NAPA to get some hydraulic fittings. The counter person pointed out that if I purchased a 5 gallon camoflage painted bucket($2.99), I would get an additional  20% off most things that fit in the bucket. It saved me money overall and they are cool looking buckets. I plan to get more buckets and a couple of batteries this afternoon.  I hope that some other GTT members benefit from this sale. Good Luck, Rick 

My NAPA people have been very good to deal with. They have even ordered carb kits for my Wisconsin engines(they took a week to get).

Edited by boyscout862, October 16, 2014 - 11:13 AM.

• Bill56, MH81, Alc and 6 others have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 11:24 AM

20% off sounds good. Just don't fill the camo'd bucket with stuff and take it in the woods. If you set it down you'll never find it again!

• Alc, HDWildBill, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#3 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 01:14 PM

Thanks!  I like Napa as well.  It's been a favorite stop for hydraulic fittings and hoses for my projects.  I have noticed stores charge different rates on making hoses though, at least around here.  I need some fitting for my PS install this winter, and could use a battery too.  Might be the time to buy!  20% is a great discount anywhere these days.  I"m sure I could come up with some filters, oil and other items as well.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 cootertom OFFLINE  

cootertom
  • Member No: 59950
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 718 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 07:26 PM

Napa has some of the best automotive parts made. I've never had to put 3 starters on of theirs before I get a good one like another parts house.

#5 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,809 Thanks
  • 2,223 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 08:00 PM

I am done with napa stuff!!! I swore by them for a long time, then when I bought my s-10 I re-built the front end.  after maybe 6 months and 10k miles I had to replace all the drivers side stuff!!  wheel bearings and cv shafts. about 3 months later the pass side started to make the same noise, took it apart and the wheel bearing was bad.  went back to napa and they said there was something wrong with the truck or my install and they would not warrenty, I went to napa for the warrenty and the good stuff and got stiffed in the long run.

Put a  wheel bearing out of a scrap truck in there and it is still going strong!! Napa good stuff my eye!!!!!!!!

#6 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 08:42 PM

I like the Napa guys in my area.  They are professional in a world of Advance Auto Parts, O'Reillys, AutoZone, etc ignorant clerks.  Nothing against either of those stores and their like minded brethren, but part of the parts business is having a sharp clerk.  When your clerk can't tell a spark plug from a brake pad, you might be in trouble.

My Napa guys can get me just about anything, and they know what they are talking.  Most guys are either retired mechanics or guys who quit due to health restrictions.  They will sell a part and donate free advice on how to install it and what pitfalls to avoid.

Ben W.

#7 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,545 posts

Posted October 17, 2014 - 12:40 PM

I picked up several items today and got the 20% off. This included the hydraulic fittings and 2 GT batteries. The sale goes until mid November or the supplies run out. There is a sale flier too. Good Luck, Rick