Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What Mower Deck Model Fits A Cub Cadet 482?

mower deck 482

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dhopf1 OFFLINE  

dhopf1
  • Member No: 62672
  • 20 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 09:36 AM

What is the largest mower deck model #  that would fit a CC 482 tractor?

My brother has a 482 tractor inside that does run  but has no deck. The front PTO/mower lift attachment is mounted on the tractor. There is a garden tractor salvage yard located near by that has most of the decks in various widths and conditions.

Thanks

#2 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,698 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 09:49 AM

Welcome to GTtalk.

• dhopf1 said thank you

#3 cootertom ONLINE  

cootertom
  • Member No: 59950
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 717 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 10:32 AM

Welcome! There will be some Cub guys along before long.

• dhopf1 said thank you

#4 diesel nut OFFLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 496 Thanks
  • 316 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 01:22 PM

Welcome.  The biggest deck that will fit is a model 50C which is a 50".  I'd personally go for a 38C which is 38" or a 44C which is 44" because the 482 only has an 11 horse power engine.  It will run the 50" but it'll work the engine hard.  Hope this helps.       Stewart

• dhopf1 said thank you

#5 dhopf1 OFFLINE  

dhopf1
  • 20 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted October 17, 2014 - 09:04 AM

The 50 inch would be an improvement over the Craftsman 42 inch. Mowering the farm takes about 80 minutes to do with Craftsmen.

Is a person consider a collector/hoarder if there is 6 riding lawn mowers in one garage?

#6 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted October 17, 2014 - 06:31 PM

The 50 inch would be an improvement over the Craftsman 42 inch. Mowering the farm takes about 80 minutes to do with Craftsmen.

Is a person consider a collector/hoarder if there is 6 riding lawn mowers in one garage?

A 50 inch on a 482 may not be any faster than what you are using now as you are going to have to go slower in order to handle the deck.  My 10hp 107 works better with a 38C deck on it than it does with a 42".  I would put a 44" on it if it were me so you can move a bit faster and not overwork the engine.  

You are a collector at the moment.  It takes more to be a hoarder.  LOL!!!

Edited by IHCubGuy, October 17, 2014 - 06:31 PM.

#7 dhopf1 OFFLINE  

dhopf1
  • 20 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted October 18, 2014 - 01:22 PM

In my wifes mind, anything above one is hoarding. VBG.

I hate to see that Cub Cadet 482 sit idle. My brother also has a Craftsman Twin Cylinder 19hp 46 also that isn't being used.

I also bought a New Idea EGT150 in September. This one I wanted to restore. It may not have the true golf cart batteries but deep cycle 12v works great! I had the tractor moving in 2 days. The dash wires were mouse chewed and a thermal circuit breaker was open. I popped the breaker open to find the screw head that holds the thermal disc contacts was broken off. The screw was 10-32 size so I replaced it but crank it down. Hopefully theres a little protection there. Also found a soleniod thats was not close correctly. I took this apart also to find the coil wires corrode off. Resoldering them and adjusting the contacts made it work again. The 3 mower motors needed  both new bearings. I had to go to the CaseIH shop to have the blade hubes pulled. $85/per hour for 1 hour. It was worth it. The blades need to replaced as 2 of them are originals and very well rounded at the ends. I've on order the parts that will make also 100 % complete. Not to many people know about the GE/NI Electric Tractors in South Dakota but I had seen the ads in Popular Science back in the 70's and I've always wanted one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mower, deck, 482