• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • Member No: 62113
  • 1,470 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted October 12, 2014 - 12:23 AM

Here are two more items to my collection ,The 1st 2 pic's are the same machine, God i love the city kerbside collections , just like weekly shopping lol

Been following it for over 20 yrs now & have picked up some really nice stuff . 

Attached Thumbnails

• P2190050.JPG
  • P2190060.JPG
  • P2190059.JPG

• Alc, hamman, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,626 Thanks
  • 2,579 posts

Posted October 12, 2014 - 12:50 AM

Ah....reel mowers. Spent many of my young days mowing several yards with a couple of those. Had an uncle who made a sharpener for those. Made it in his old blacksmith shop and sharpened them  during the evening and on weekends after working in the Pontiac plant. If you can find someone to do a proper and clean sharpening it will cut grass like nothing else. Nice find. Looks like an original handle also.                                                                                          Roger.

• sacsr and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#3 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,470 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted October 12, 2014 - 02:09 AM

Ah....reel mowers. Spent many of my young days mowing several yards with a couple of those. Had an uncle who made a sharpener for those. Made it in his old blacksmith shop and sharpened them  during the evening and on weekends after working in the Pontiac plant. If you can find someone to do a proper and clean sharpening it will cut grass like nothing else. Nice find. Looks like an original handle also.                                                                                          Roger.

yes the handle is original & i have another 1 with the original wooden handle as well but all up have about 10 odd all up including newer models ( flymo ) brand & such 

• hamman said thank you

#4 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,470 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted October 12, 2014 - 02:26 AM

here is a Villiers 2 stroke powered  Reel mower not sure of the age , but the elderly Gentleman that gave it to me had fixed  a small fan on it as to keep it cooler when running . He said it was still working at the time but he got to old to start it for mowing so he handed it out to me 3 yrs ago 

Attached Thumbnails

• PA210138.JPG
  • PA210139.JPG

• Bruce Dorsi and hamman have said thanks

#5 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,166 Thanks
  • 2,142 posts

Posted October 12, 2014 - 12:53 PM

It appears there is a sheet-metal housing (shroud) missing which would act as a flywheel cover and direct cooling air from the flywheel vanes over the cooling fins cast into the block & head.

Without this shroud, there would be no cooling airflow, so that is why the auxiliary fan was probably added.

• holdenboy1960 said thank you