• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

Kmac1
  • Member No: 62275
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted October 11, 2014 - 06:24 AM

I bought my first Snapper 1855 for $100 from a farmer who bought it new from who is now my father in law. He was mowing with it one day and got off of it in search of his ice chest. When he did he kicked the hi-low lever in neutral and when he got back on it would not move. He pushed it into his shed and it sat there till next spring when I called him about it. We settled on $100 and pushed it up on my trailer. I took it home put fresh gas in it and charged the battery and it fired right up. I moved the hi-low lever to hi and backed it off the trailer. That was in 2009 and I mowed with it till 8-1-11 when we were hit by a tornado, having rebuilt the deck with all new bearings and belts just a month before. The first photo shows it under a 24x16 ft over head door lying on top of it. I bought it back from the insurance company and started the restoration on it last winter. Built this roll around cart so I could raise it up as I sand blast or paint. Sorry I didn't think to get some good before photos, but I will continue to post as the restoration progresses.

Anchor PU tornado damage 093.jpg Junk 2013 085.jpg IMG_0284.JPG post-62275-0-48644800-1413026637.jpg

• olcowhand, limebuzz, KennyP and 6 others have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 11, 2014 - 06:27 AM

Thanks for posting. We don't see many restorations on 1855s so more pictures would be welcome. 

• boyscout862 and Kmac1 have said thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,494 Thanks
  • 39,727 posts

Posted October 11, 2014 - 07:30 AM

Howdy Neighbor! This should be fun to follow! Post plenty of pics if you can. Where in Central OK are you? Close to Tulsa?

• boyscout862 and Kmac1 have said thanks

#4 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

Kmac1
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted October 11, 2014 - 08:32 AM

KennyP I am in Kingfisher ok.  About 3 hours west of Tulsa or 45 minutes NW of OKC.  I am off work for 6 weeks following foot surgery so I will be able to work on the 1855 and post pics as I go.   

• limebuzz, KennyP, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,494 Thanks
  • 39,727 posts

Posted October 11, 2014 - 09:11 AM

Thanks! Good luck with the foot healing. Don't drop anything on it! If you were closer, I was going to invite you to the show next weekend in Catoosa.

#6 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted October 11, 2014 - 04:12 PM

Tractors are good therapy after surgery. Looking forward to your project. I like the dolly you got the tractor on.

#7 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

Kmac1
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted October 11, 2014 - 07:20 PM

KennyP, send me details, I don't mind the drive.  Don't know if I can make it though I have to pull the engine out of my son in laws '02 Camaro and rebuild it.  But I will come if time allows.  Thanks Sawdust It sure  makes getting the underside much easier.  Plans are to build another one that will jack up and down and make it a lot heavier duty.  Willie

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,494 Thanks
  • 39,727 posts

Posted October 12, 2014 - 07:53 AM

KennyP, send me details, I don't mind the drive.  Don't know if I can make it though I have to pull the engine out of my son in laws '02 Camaro and rebuild it.  But I will come if time allows.  Thanks Sawdust It sure  makes getting the underside much easier.  Plans are to build another one that will jack up and down and make it a lot heavier duty.  Willie

Willie, I updated the Events posting. Use the link above to find that. Hope to see you there. Here's a map.

Flywheelers Show Location..jpeg

• Kmac1 said thank you

#9 Kmac1 OFFLINE  

Kmac1
  • 521 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 08:49 PM

If everything goes according to plan I hope to be painting my 1855 by this weekend.  Just have a few more small parts to and blast and prime.  I will post more pictures as I go.  This will be my first attempt at painting with a paint gun and not a rattle can, so wish me luck as I am sure I will need it.  My biggest fear is to get it painted and it not be as good as I want it and have to start all over.  But like my dad used say, I won't learn any younger.  Willie

• limebuzz and Sawdust have said thanks