• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • Member No: 62113
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted October 11, 2014 - 02:16 AM

I love collecting free machines like this Atlas tiller , seems to be in reasonable condition cept the cutters are a bit worn , collected it off the city kerbside cleanup last week, hope to check it out & start it during the week 

Attached Thumbnails

• P2190055.JPG
  • P2190053.JPG

• Bill56, Gtractor, Alc and 1 other said thanks

#2 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted October 11, 2014 - 05:49 AM

Nice save!
  • holdenboy1960 said thank you

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted October 11, 2014 - 07:54 AM

I've got an Atlas push mower.  They are not cheap built machines.  The company still exists, I called them to ask about the lawn equipment they made and they claim they still have manuals and parts in a mysterious "back room" and that only a few people know about it.  The old lady I talked to said she would get with the management and see about letting me buy some of the stuff.  The sad part is the old lady I talked to left the company between when I called the first time and when I followed up about two weeks later, and no one else says the stuff exists.

Ben W.

• Bill56 and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#4 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • Member No: 62113
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted October 11, 2014 - 09:32 AM

Ben W, a shame you don't know  her name to do a search to try to contact her , rare items would have been good to collect , Land Master machines are pretty hard to find here in Australia too , i have an Australian made Land Master rotary hoe with the Villiers MK 12 engine also with 3 speed g/box

• superaben said thank you

#5 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted October 11, 2014 - 10:11 AM

Ben W, a shame you don't know  her name to do a search to try to contact her , rare items would have been good to collect , Land Master machines are pretty hard to find here in Australia too , i have an Australian made Land Master rotary hoe with the Villiers MK 12 engine also with 3 speed g/box

Her first name was "Barb" according to my notes.  She would have left in Sept. 2010.   I followed up with her manager (I forget her title, she was an inventory manager I believe) and he said the parts did not exist. 

Ben W.

• holdenboy1960 said thank you