22 replies to this topic

#16 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,296 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted November 20, 2014 - 10:13 PM

My local TSC store has not been carrying this magazine for some reason . If someone from here could get the contact info to me personally I would be glad to arrange a one year subscription .

#17 Ranger2000 OFFLINE  

Ranger2000
  • Member No: 61505
  • 44 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted November 22, 2014 - 05:04 AM

I for one would be very interested in diesels in Garden Tractors.
There is a site about using sun flower seed oil and a splash of gas to produce diesel fuel and the man seems to have done a great, great amount of studying and work on getting his technique down pat, and he says you can get 20 to 30% more h.p. as well as that mush better fuel economy from any given diesel engine by using this fuel.
I'd love to see that done and some one that was good with turbo chargers add that in and see what could come from say an 18 H.P. regularly aspirated diesel engine on regular diesel fuel.
I have talked on here about building a Tractor from scratch using an 18 H.P. B&S twin cylinder engine and while I have said anything as of yet, adding a diesel engine such as this is one reason that I want the engine to be the weakest link in the entire tractor. I have been wondering if there is a possibility of actually taking say a 25 HP diesel engine and getting 40 to 50 HP from it for short stints when truly needed, but it still be the meek and small engine that is cyphering the fuel the rest of the time.
So anything on diesel engine would be great for me.

Godspeed

Ranger
  • tractorchick said thank you

#18 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,296 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 11:41 AM

We forgot to wish Happy Thanksgiving to our friends at LAGT . Happy Thanksgiving .
  • tractorchick and VintageIronCollector have said thanks

#19 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,296 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 04:47 PM

Still lots of time to think about next years articles and features . I got stuck in a rut wit Geo about electric tractors . Others here have a few things to talk about . Nice Thread .

Merry Christmas to our friends at LAGT ..

#20 tractorchick OFFLINE  

tractorchick

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 284
  • 366 Thanks
  • 279 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 10:16 PM

Hi guys-

Yes, a regular diesel article would be fabulous!  But, in order to do that, we need those articles and photos submitted.  If you have one to submit, please email it to me. Don't worry about grammar or spelling....it will all go through editing.  Photos need to be a minimum of 300 dpi.  I can't guarantee that your submission will appear in the magazine, but I will try my best to run it.  

I apologize for not appearing more frequently.  I will make it a point to get on here more regularly.  Facebook is so easy to jump on and off of, but I need to spend more time here as well as a few other forums.  We appreciate your support, truly we do.  We can't continue on without subscribers and collectors such as you.  

As far as the walk-behind articles go, I had someone lined up to do those articles for us, and then he disappeared.  I don't know if he got cold feet or what, but he would have been fabulous to have on board!  Our owner feels that the 4-wheel tractor should be our focus but I do try to get in a walk behind when I can find someone willing to do a story on theirs.  Same applies to pulling tractors.  So many cool ones but its just not an area that we touch. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!  Thank you for your posts.  

Kate Goelzhauser

Managing Editor, L&GT Magazine

PS: L&GT is not a big company.  Honestly we are not.  I work from home...I don't have an office.  Neither does Brandon.  Brandon is a farmer.  I'm a work from home mom going 500 mph.  We have families and we struggle like everyone else with finances, kids, and projects.  We are not a large magazine by any means.  We pulled out of the retail market due to the high costs of the new distributor and couldn't afford it.  Our subscriptions are steady, and we are growing as the hobby grows.  What I am saying is that we are not people who put ourselves on pedestals or living the high life.  We enjoy the garden tractor hobby, both Brandon and I are very involved in collecting and restorations.  We are like you guys....passionate about our tractors.  

• Gtractor, Sparky and VintageIronCollector have said thanks

#21 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 10:25 PM

You guys have a great mag. I was very impressed to see you guys had a booth set up at a gt show in New Carlise ohio back in September it was the first time I had heard of your mag. And it was neat to see a few tractor that was in you mag at the show

#22 tractorchick OFFLINE  

tractorchick

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 284
  • 366 Thanks
  • 279 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 01:40 PM

I am glad you made it to the New Carlisle show.  My best friend, Julie Smart, is the one who puts that show on.  We have a lot of fun together.  It's a nice show with a great turn out!  Julie, she is a trooper.  She has had cancer, lost her husband, lost her vocal cords and her jawbone, had had chemo and radiation at the Mayo, just had all of her teeth extracted (they rotted from the radiation) and STILL she just keeps a positive attitude.  She is my hero!  Hope you can make it out there again in 2015!

#23 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 05:45 PM

I am glad you made it to the New Carlisle show. My best friend, Julie Smart, is the one who puts that show on. We have a lot of fun together. It's a nice show with a great turn out! Julie, she is a trooper. She has had cancer, lost her husband, lost her vocal cords and her jawbone, had had chemo and radiation at the Mayo, just had all of her teeth extracted (they rotted from the radiation) and STILL she just keeps a positive attitude. She is my hero! Hope you can make it out there again in 2015!

yea I'll be there again god willing and hopefully I'll have my allis Chalmers big ten there with me and maybe a sears . It felt like a WH convention there last year . me and my wife had a great time