Mikes New Allis 920 Diesel

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mtoney OFFLINE  

• Member No: 13665
  • 549 Thanks
  • 527 posts

Posted October 07, 2014 - 07:20 PM

Mikie has been horse trading tractors like crazy lately, but each has been an upgrade from the last.  I have known about this 920 all summer as the PO was getting parts from the dealership where I work to get the old girl running.  She had not run in a long time. He got her running but she is "wet stacking": something fierce.  Definatly not a compression issue, starts almost instantly from cold with no preheat assist. I am suspecting fouled or worn out injectors.  Hopefully once the spring onslaught of repair work and the extra overtime pay, I can get these rebuilt.  For now she just fogs the place.  He did give it a good run for a few min with the mower engaged. He said that the smoke thined out quite a bit.  So it might just need a good workout.  I need to make up a new muffler to manifold gasget, one on it is burnt from when the PO hit the muffler on something and warped the flange on the muffler. Letting the exhaust burn out the gasget.  That and a good degreasing is needed.  Here are a couple pics, obviously the muffer is missing in one as i was straightning the warped mounting flange.  Cheers  Mikie

• Gtractor, hamman and Rock farmer have said thanks