So after getting it home, draining the old gas, checking all the fluids, spark ect I decided to try see if it would start. Put the booster on it hit the key and......nothing! A little discourage I decided to try and jump it right off the starter to see if at least it would roll and maybe kick.
So after hooking it up to the starter it would roll but no fire. So squirted a little fuel into the carb and tried again....Success, it fired up an ran for a few second. I kept trying this hoping it would stay running on its own but no luck ( I was not real discourage because I was already expecting to have to clean the carb). That is where I left it the first night.
The next day on to the internet I went to look for more info. Thanks to this site I got ahold of the Tec engine manual, I saw that I was missing a wire powering the ammeter and therefore the key switch. As soon as I got home decided to give it try. I ran a new wire and then gave it a try....rolled over....success! and the it decided to fire (without putting gas in the carb). It even stayed running. I was thinking this is great so I tired to throttle it up (from half throttle where I started it) and it quits...So I try it again, fires right up but as soon as I try to throttle it up it starts to quit so I quickly move the throttle back down but go too far. Behold it revs right up, I think to myself that is weird. So I try throttling up again, RPM goes down... Throttle back up RPM goes up. I have came to the conclusion that someone has hooked something up backwards and the throttle is working in reverse.
I throttled it up and took it for a spin around the driveway. Everything is great so I try to put the mower deck down, nothing. I try raising it higher and low and behold it goes down. So the hydraulics are backwards as well...
The only other issue I have right now is it is not charging, but I plan on essentially rewiring it so I will deal with that later. Aside from these issues I couldn't be happier, I even engaged the PTO and cut a little grass, which actually looked pretty good.
Next is to get a hold of some implements, I am going to look at a blower and tiller this weekend.
Edited by Rathwell, October 07, 2014 - 11:17 AM.