#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted October 05, 2014 - 04:23 PM

Bought a battery pack this spring at Wally World. It was a Die Hard, same as Sears. Spent a little more to get better one, so it lasts. Well, sometime at show might have had cord in charge end or some other issue in  handling and broke the prongs sticking out for the cord to fit on. Broked the whole case of charger module. Tore it down and module is a little cube thing about 2" cubed.  Went to Sears parts site to see about one. Saw all kinds of ads about selling new unit, including one I have. Did the "talk" thing with someone on the part and model. Took awhile, yet he said no parts available thru on-line, and should try the stores.......Uh, huh!   SO, guess chinese junk is throw-away, no matter who sells it with what name???  SO, now looking at options to buy another charger, big or small to just hook up to my two wires and charge this thing.  Shows 120 volt 15 amp input, but the odd thing is the output is AC, not DC if I'm reading it right. Doesn't say OUTPUT, but Secondary volts (same?) 15.6 AC at 600 MA. Volts seemed high, maybe that is norm for these batts, but the AC part is making me wonder. Where would one go about ordering something like this?  No real brand on part, but UAL listed, uh, huh!  A number on charger is  E241069    some model I suppose if any meaning. What ya think? Radio Shack for something or maybe a Battery sales store like are showing up now days?  

#2 Arti ONLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 962 posts

Posted October 06, 2014 - 05:23 AM

http://www.ebay.com/...d-/351055396507

• Alc, Cat385B, glgrumpy and 1 other said thanks

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted October 06, 2014 - 07:39 AM

Thanks very much Arti. Not sure how you found such an item, but seems to be exactly what I want, model and all. Guess I can keep the pack after all and still use. Thanks again! One coming now.

• Sawdust said thank you

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 09:16 AM

Well, ebay item was a BOMB! Sent me a little tiny charger with 3.3 volt DC output, surely NOT the way it was advertised. Think they just threw anything in box and sent, thinking most people wouldn't know difference?  Picture was even way diff than actual part they sent. SO, back to nothing. D**m Chinese Junk and no parts sources!  Why don't the US brands that have there name on these pay closer attention to what they are buying?   Guess they don't really care either, t hey got your First dollar anyway!

#5 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,716 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 10:13 AM

They offer 14 day money back. Have you checked with them? If you google the number that was on your charger you will get a bunch of hits. when I looked before, there were 2 different chargers using that number. Seems Schauer (sp) battery chargers had one that was compatible with your specs.