• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 oldorangetractor OFFLINE  

oldorangetractor
  • Member No: 62491
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted October 05, 2014 - 06:28 AM

New here. I own a gt 17 and an h 16. These are my first ever tractors. My question is is there an easy way to remove and install the mower deck without jacking up the tractor? Yesterday I ended up driving the tractor over the deck to get it in position. I can't say I want to do that every time.

#2 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 863 Thanks
  • 353 posts

Posted October 05, 2014 - 07:45 AM

When the New Holland Sperry Rand latter to become Ariens came new from the dealer there were two plates about 4 inches wide and 10 inches long that had small pins in one end. they went in the small holes front wheel width near the deck rollers. That is how you did it drive up those plates hook up the front bar and lock it in place, hook up the lift brackets and the PTO drive shaft remove the drive on plats and go mow.

:D   Al

• Bill56 and Alc have said thanks

#3 warren OFFLINE  

warren
  • Member No: 48223
  • 42 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted October 05, 2014 - 08:42 AM

When the New Holland Sperry Rand latter to become Ariens came new from the dealer there were two plates about 4 inches wide and 10 inches long that had small pins in one end. they went in the small holes front wheel width near the deck rollers. That is how you did it drive up those plates hook up the front bar and lock it in place, hook up the lift brackets and the PTO drive shaft remove the drive on plats and go mow.

:D   Al

New here. I own a gt 17 and an h 16. These are my first ever tractors. My question is is there an easy way to remove and install the mower deck without jacking up the tractor? Yesterday I ended up driving the tractor over the deck to get it in position. I can't say I want to do that every time.

Hi,  Not sure about the H models but on the S and GT models, you manually lower the deck to it's lowest cut position and then using the ramps (or as I do, a couple pieces of wood), you drive up and over the deck to both remove and install the deck. 

#4 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • Member No: 60783
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted October 05, 2014 - 10:47 AM

I have a simplicity 4041 and it is the same drive over deck a lot of companies went that route. I did learn there is nothing easy about mounting a 60 inch deck to a tractor. Maybe they are talking about lifting the Advil to your mouth for the back pain the whole process caused not sure.

Tim

#5 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,544 Thanks
  • 3,929 posts

Posted October 05, 2014 - 03:15 PM

Welcome to the forums.

Here is a picture of a set of factory ramps. They would clip in and drive right over.

$_57.JPG

#6 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 863 Thanks
  • 353 posts

Posted October 06, 2014 - 03:53 AM

Yup those are the factory ramps I was trying to describe. Seems with dads the front loop went right in place if you remembered to raise the lock tab. Then lower the lift swing up the spring loaded hook up to lift the deck and slide the pto in place. No lifting required just getting down low enough to hook up the lift brackets and pto.

:D  Al

#7 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,544 Thanks
  • 3,929 posts

Posted October 06, 2014 - 07:08 PM

I am curious about the one, the H 16. Does it have the same hood design as the GT? I was wondering if this might be a HT series.

#8 oldorangetractor OFFLINE  

oldorangetractor
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted October 07, 2014 - 08:15 PM

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will just have to keep driving over it. I wasn't sure if I was doing it right.

#9 oldorangetractor OFFLINE  

oldorangetractor
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted October 07, 2014 - 08:17 PM

I will take a closer look at the H 16 tomorrow. It looks just like the GT from what I can tell
  • shorty said thank you

#10 oldorangetractor OFFLINE  

oldorangetractor
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted October 10, 2014 - 08:12 AM

I took a closer look. Appears to be an S 16 H not an H 16. It's just like my gt 17 except single cylinder engine and no rear pto. I also found the manual for it and says the same thing- just drive over the deck...