• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 heliosuk OFFLINE  

heliosuk
  • Member No: 59196
  • 87 Thanks
  • 91 posts

Posted October 04, 2014 - 04:41 PM

Wiring diagram I have shows connector to the voltage rectifier regulator as being orange, white and red. It's possible to fit the connector from the engine side loom the wrong way around. Does this make any difference and if so what. White lead from the regulator rectifier will always be the centre and connected to the acc on the switch as I see it  Also,I have replaced the ignition switch with a new one due to loose connections and arcing. The engine turns over but will not fire,..... no spark. I have on the ignition switch Batt, IGN, Start and Acc. Currently the Black wire from the engine is connected to the  ign terminal on the switch position. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help.

#2 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted October 04, 2014 - 06:37 PM

Wiring diagram I have shows connector to the voltage rectifier regulator as being orange, white and red. It's possible to fit the connector from the engine side loom the wrong way around. Does this make any difference and if so what. White lead from the regulator rectifier will always be the centre and connected to the acc on the switch as I see it  Also,I have replaced the ignition switch with a new one due to loose connections and arcing. The engine turns over but will not fire,..... no spark. I have on the ignition switch Batt, IGN, Start and Acc. Currently the Black wire from the engine is connected to the  ign terminal on the switch position. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help.

The rectifier regulator does need to be wired correctly for it to work. One side acts like an on/off switch to power the other side so the battery can be charged a little at a time. Like trickle charging.

On your new switch you need the ammeter lead (yellow with fuse) connecting to Batt., White wire from rectifier to IGN., Green wire from last safety switch (starts at the starter relay plunger terminal) to the "S" terminal, Black wire (coming from under the flywheel) needs to connect to the switch ground source, possibly a center screw and nut? It will be a terminal that will ground in the 'off' position but not any other time. The switch you have may not be compatible.

• sodisr and heliosuk have said thanks

#3 heliosuk OFFLINE  

heliosuk
  • 87 Thanks
  • 91 posts

Posted October 05, 2014 - 01:15 PM

Thanks 1053. A quick swop of the white rectifier lead to the IGN connector and it fired up. Black lead though has nowhere to go on the switch as  the one I bought does not have a path to earth in the off position so I'll just add an individual switch as the engine kill.

Still not sure about the rectifier connections though.

Looking from the inside of the tractor does the red lead go on the left or right terminal.

Just need to repair the damaged engine governor levers and set them up plus tune the carb and we'll be driving over the green fields of England!!

Thanks so much for the response.

WP_20141005_0041.jpg WP_20141005_0051.jpg WP_20141005_0031.jpg

#4 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted October 06, 2014 - 11:01 AM

I don't see your diagrams now so I have nothing to go by. But, the schematic will show what side to connect the Red wire to. If on the left in the drawing then the left terminal. Likewise for the opposite.

#5 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted October 06, 2014 - 11:12 AM

A little off topic here, I just want  to say that I love the looks of your tractor it is very clean. Good luck with the rectifier. 

#6 heliosuk OFFLINE  

heliosuk
  • 87 Thanks
  • 91 posts

Posted October 17, 2014 - 03:34 PM

Here are some more Husky. A bit more work to do and to source the correct components.

Major issue was the gearbox teeth stripped which a supplier of my company did free of charge but the meshing is not good so it's a bit noisy. Works well though.

Anyone with a spare willing to sell and take the trouble to palletise for shipment to the UK would be most welcome. I'll arrange collection via courier. Spares for these wonderful toys are as rare as rocking horse pooh in the UK and cost a fortune. I bought it as a running wreck for about $600 which is the going rate so it always makes me smile when I see the posts about tractors and implements for sale in the USA for what you consider is silly money. In the UK that is cheap.....even if you can get it.

Attached Thumbnails

• WP_20141012_0071.jpg
  • WP_20141012_0061.jpg