• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 11:55 AM

Unless the wiring has been hacked the "LO" wire is the Bl / Y (Blue with Yellow stripe) and that goes to the fuel cut solenoid on the engine.

I mistakenly said Blue with Yellow stripe. It should be Black with Yellow stripe. on the LO terminal.

#17 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 12:01 PM

all is well with the honda so long as it is not running at WOT. i ran it at WOT for 5-10 minutes and let the pipes get cherry red then without touching the throttle i shut it down. took the plugs out and they looked fine to me. i also brought them to my local small engine repair shop and he concurred that it is not running lean if anything one bank was just a tad rich otherwise normal. so back in went the plugs and plowed for an hour or two at about less than 3/4 throttle and it plowed the heavy snow with no problems and didn't even turn the pipe red.

next test will be putting the 2-stage blower in the front and see how well the pto set-up works. not sure but i might get new belts and see if i might have to raise the engine a tad to take up some slack.

WOT with no load would cause those pipes to get pretty darn hot. A load would slow down the motor a bit, thus not firing the plugs quite as fast.