• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jtrojek OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8084
  • 988 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted October 02, 2014 - 08:06 PM

So, this ended up following me home tonight.  I had seen it on Kijiji and had posted it on Kijiji/Craigslist Finds here when it came up, and a friend picked it up as soon as I mentioned it to him, and I picked it up off my friend tonight.  I don't really know too much about Planet Jr. walk behinds, so I have a few questions.  First, was this made toward the end of when Planet Jr. made walk behinds, maybe the last model they made?  I figure it must be.  Second, is that likely the original engine on it?  It's a Briggs model 8 w/ a gear reduction, and the serial number puts it as being a 1963.  Does that sound right?  Does it work with being original to the production dates of the tractor?  All in all, it looks really nice.  It uses a T-92 transmission, the same as what was on my Economy, and the same that's on my Empire.  Looks like it may be original paint, other than a little touch up here and there?  What do you think?  Any and all insights and information would be appreciated.  I'll likely be putting this on display in my classroom, or I may look to trade or sell it.  I was hoping to find something on steel for my classroom, so this may be a stepping stone for me to get to where I want to be.  I haven't decided yet.  Regardless, it looked to me to be a good one to pick up for the price, but I'd love to hear your thoughts as I know little about these.  No attachments though.  I'd love to find an implement so it can sit properly without the piece to prop up the front end to keep it from tipping over.  It does run, but it needs a new belt as the current one is far too tight.  The piece of plastic in the hood is just covering the hole for the gas tank so no water gets in.  Please excuse the poor pictures.  I took them at the gas station on the way home when I stopped for gas.  I can take better ones, if anyone wants/needs me to.  

Planet Jr 2.jpg

Planet Jr 3.jpg

Planet Jr 4.jpg

Planet Jr 1.jpg

• Bill56, Gtractor, Alc and 5 others have said thanks

#2 petrj6 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,723 Thanks
  • 2,172 posts

Posted October 02, 2014 - 08:26 PM

I don't know much about it but I like it, if you weren't so far away I would offer you my pj walk behind for your classroom.  it is a very early pre war iron wheel job I picked up earlier this year, I got it for no other reason to say I have it.  I do like that hood!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• sugar house 037.JPG
  • planet jr 005.JPG

• Lauber1 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#3 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,424 Thanks
  • 2,785 posts

Posted October 02, 2014 - 09:04 PM

looks to be a fairly complete tractor. Might be the original engine. I like the hooded model and yours has a dealer sticker on the front that makes it an even better item.