• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 the_nite_owl OFFLINE  

the_nite_owl
  • Member No: 62321
  • 6 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted September 30, 2014 - 08:06 PM

I recently picked up an AC 416 and B-112, both hydros.

Both tractors keep throwing the main drive belt.  On the 416 the belt seems to be too loose but the B-112 seems to have good tension but both throw the drive belt frequently.  It seems to occur when changing forward/reverse or back.

Are there any tricks to setting these up so they will not jump off the rear pulley?  The front belt guard is in place on both tractors, it always jumps off the rear and can be a real PITA to get it back on again.

Thanks.

Trent

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,485 Thanks
  • 39,720 posts

Posted October 01, 2014 - 06:40 AM

Do you have this manual? Section D, page 10 has adjustments. May need to read that through. Otherwise, I'm not sure what could be causing the issue. There is also a parts breakdown, maybe something is missing?

#3 the_nite_owl OFFLINE  

the_nite_owl
  • Member No: 62321
  • 6 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted October 01, 2014 - 02:32 PM

Do you have this manual? Section D, page 10 has adjustments. May need to read that through. Otherwise, I'm not sure what could be causing the issue. There is also a parts breakdown, maybe something is missing?

I did not have that manual, thanks.  I have a pdf of the owners manual and it has some similar information but the images in this are much clearer.

I do not know if any parts may be missing but the same thing happens on two different models so I suspect it is just an adjustment.  It is a nuisance trying to get in there under the seat and fenders.  I will have to pull them off while I learn the setup and adjustments and perhaps in the future will be familiar enough to do it without pulling the fenders.

Thanks for the help.

Trent

• KennyP said thank you

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,485 Thanks