Garden Tractor Forums banner

Won,t take long on 10 MF

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  nova ss 
#1 ·
:confuse:I had a front tire that would lose air overnight i will dismount tire it clean up rim should be good to go. Wont take long ya right. 2 hrs later only got 1 side off bead had various tools hammer screwdrivers jack etc. had in vice no go got 2 pieces of 2x6 put tire on top jack on wheel jacked under my 1 ton gm no go hard to beleive after 45 plus years tire would be that stuck on rim. Gave up tire is very soft do not want to ruin it, so called about a tube should be in today, will try and wiggle it in the 1 side want to keep oem tire

#9 ·
I use a hydrolic press, but before I have use everything I could come up with, usually a bumper jack under a truck or farm machnery. It's a pain and I agree with "coldone", take it to the tire store. Mine would probably do it free but its too far to drive to town.

#10 ·
The neighbor asked to help him change his tires on his Gt , always willing to help , besides fighting to get the tires off it was worse trying to get the beads to seat. 3 hour job and when we were done he said " maybe I should have spent the $5 ea the tire shop was going to charge to mount them " ACHHHHHH

#11 ·
You should of been here when I removed the front tires from my John Deere. They had sat outside on the tractor for about 8 years, flat and had been filled with fix a flat. I ended up having to buy one of those Harbor Freight mini tire machines. I spent about 4 hours breaking the beads. It was so hard that I even put blisters on my hands from working the tool! The rims were really rusted on the inside!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.