12 replies to this topic

#1 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 06:24 AM

Most times when I click on a post, I am hoping to see some pictures. When I don't I feel a little disappointed. You think maybe we should make a rule that if you post a new thread you have to have at least one pic. Just for fun here are the tires on my 317.
tires3 (640 x 480).jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• tires2 (640 x 480).jpg

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 06:38 AM

Nice setup you got there :thumbs:

#3 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 06:42 AM

Nobody enjoys pictures anymore than I do. I've posted many thank you replies to prove that.

However, can't say that I would want a "have to have picture" rule.

Number 1 reason... some members may not have cameras or the ability to use them.

#4 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 07:48 AM

You are right. Maybe we should just suggest...? HA!

#5 Operator OFFLINE  

Operator

• Member No: 1871
  • 8 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 09:55 AM

That wouldn't be real nice to have a rule like that. I had such a hard time trying to post pictures on another forum that I ended up on the phone nd getting walked through the process! PITA I'll tell ya, First getting pictures from computer side over to [I use] Photobucket, then the copy and paste thing, just a PITA, Avatar's some are too big to take, some can go from computer file to site yipee!!, some can't, bummer. I can't remember how many times I chucked my laptop out the window trying to learn.

But now just keep in mind - - this was my .2 cents worth.

Randy

#6 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 12:00 PM

Lookin' good.:thumbs:
Picture rule .... Well I don't know,not everybody does the picture thing.I like looking at pictures but I wouldn't want to see a rule that you have to.Some people can't post pics.I for one have only posted a very few.

#7 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 03:42 PM

You guys are totally right. I hope everyone knows I was mostly being sarcastic. It is hard to get out in text. I just really like seeing pics that's all. I think we can all agree on that.

#8 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 03:54 PM

I like to see the pictures of everything here as well. I enjoy seeing machines and items I have never seen before.

Regarding your first post and the photos, I must say I've never seen tread like that. Where did you come by those?

:camera::camera::camera::camera::camera::camera::camera::camera:

I have to agree, I love pics too.

I must also say, I've read nearly all Maynard's thousands of posts and haven't missed the pictures.

#9 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 04:02 PM

You guys are totally right. I hope everyone knows I was mostly being sarcastic. It is hard to get out in text. I just really like seeing pics that's all. I think we can all agree on that.

:wewantpics:You need a pictue on your profile, just thought I'd add that, :wave:LOL

#10 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 07:32 PM

:dancingbanana::dancingbanana::dancingbanana::wave::wave::wave::wave:Some members are young some are OLD some have cameras some don't Me lucky to type, If WIFE gets camera fix are another new one I might talk into it.

Nobody enjoys pictures anymore than I do. I've posted many thank you replies to prove that.

However, can't say that I would want a "have to have picture" rule.

Number 1 reason... some members may not have cameras or the ability to use them.

#11 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 08:31 PM

Texas->Your right! Could you get some sweet ones for me? hahahahhaa

#12 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 09:13 PM

Like you said... "It is hard to get out in text" I'm hoping my reply didn't sound like I was "jumping" on you, cause it wasn't intended that way either.

I always smile and laugh at myself, whenever I do post a picture, because it truly is a "miracle" when I manage to remember how to do it.

I was on the chat, a week or so ago, and trying to learn to ad a link to the chat. Thanks to the "much capable knowledge" of Bolens 1000, there were a few of us, that night, who learned how to accomplish the job. (Hooray for our teacher)!!!!
I was having a particularly hard time, because Brian kept telling me to "use the Control and V button" to post the picture. I tried several times and it just would not work. I finally found out, thanks to some help from my son here at home, that on Apple computers you "use the Command and V button, rather than the Control button.

I don't know about any of the other members, that night, but I was laughing my head off (at my own expense) about my incapacity to perform such a simple computer task.

Again, wasn't intending to cause any friction on any ones part. :wave:

Bill
  • middleageddeere said thank you

#13 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted February 16, 2011 - 09:54 PM

No, no...No offense taken. I am a very sarcastic and therefore also try not to take anything too seriously. Thank you, though, for clarifying. That was very thoughtful of you. I have enjoyed this site more than others, mostly because there is a great deal of humor. Another site I am on has great information but almost a total lack of humor and tolerance for anyone who wants to be humorous for that matter. I am actually still figuring the pics on here out myself.